Exhaust can

Guest Oiler

Hope this is the right place for this query. I'm just breaking in my new lovely baby. Put my hand down today before my ride to feel the exhaust gases. As I expected, from the upper exhaust hole I could feel the pulsating of the exhaust gases. However, from the lower exhaust hole there was no gas escaping at all that I could feel. Having never even changed a spark plug, I'm pretty ignorant of these things, but had assumed, as a V twin, it was one hole per cylinder. But as gas seems only to escape from the upper, larger hole, is this normal ?. I've telephoned Suzuki, but all they can do is refer me back to the dealer who sold me the bike. Any comments will be much appreciated. Oiler.

I know about the earlier Blade's exup valves before the silencer. Not sure about post 2008 Blade set up, but there is a valve inside the Cat/silencer that isn't an Exup valve and I thing it's there for noise regs, ie it only opens above the metering revs, about 5000 to 6000 revs. Don't know about Gladys silencers though?

Just looked at a few pics of a Gladys silencer. No sign of any cable to it , so it's probably for show or somehow opens automatically. Try blowing down it ?

and hope nobody is watching whilst you do.. it could be quite entertaining for the neighbours

Just looked at a few pics of a Gladys silencer. No sign of any cable to it , so it's probably for show or somehow opens automatically. Try blowing down it ?

and hope nobody is watching whilst you do.. it could be quite entertaining for the neighbours

Thanks for the idea. Sadly, at my age, and with two arthritic knees, I'll need the help of all the neighbours to down there in the first place. Will let you know.

Oiler :oops: