I dont have a clue what im doing!!

LazyBiker96

So there is this stray wire dripping petrol over the floor it tio me a while to find it and it manged to end up dripping next to my foot peg but missed and created a lovely puddle next to my bike, put a waterproof sheet under my bike just incase there was ever a leak, but now i dont have a clue where this wire goes any help please?

Googled the part it was and i think its the black cable at the bottom on the photo.

Also i knocked that lever on the side up have that messed something else up?

Screenshot_2015-05-01-22-14-38-1.png.8fc8bb37942c9cb1522a8c72ca1a25cc.png

That's a carburetor, the black pipe leads nowhere and hangs loose, it's used to drain the fuel tank hence the petrol leak.

If you where to flip the picture of the carburetor over there would be a small flat-head screw at the bottom of the carbuertor (don't confuse it with air mixture screw or idol screw), tighten this up and it should stop leaking.

Not to sure about the lever, the above is as far as my current knowledge goes.

Similar picture from google, should help you locate the one you need to tighten (might not be in %100 same place but should be near enough).

http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/attachments/62164/

That's the carburettor overflow pipe it should exit to the ground, sound like you've got a sticking float in the carburettor or a blocked vent pipe on the fuel tank

• 1 month later...

You need to sort the issue not just turn the fuel off if you have fuel coming out that pipe and the screw to drain is done up then you need to take the carb off and inspect although i would reccomend you take the bike to a shop as thats a pipe not a wire

Thanks guys il be sorting the bike out today and i may have found ahole for that pipe yesterday and plugged it in ... :/

It's a drain/overflow pipe, every carbed bike has them and they hang down. By randomly connecting a leaky one to something it is not meant to connect to you are now filling something with the leaking petrol.

Thanks guys il be sorting the bike out today and i may have found ahole for that pipe yesterday and plugged it in ... :/

It's a drain/overflow pipe, every carbed bike has them and they hang down. By randomly connecting a leaky one to something it is not meant to connect to you are now filling something with the leaking petrol.

If you've connected the overflow tube to the oil breather - You will now have fuel in your oil which, in turn, will seriously damage your engine/gearbox!

For the little cost of getting a Haynes Manual and spending a few minutes reading it, you can save yourself a shed-load of trouble.

Also, why have you needed to adjust your tickover so high? What did you adjust to achieve this?

:shock:

If you've connected the overflow tube to the oil breather - You will now have fuel in your oil which, in turn, will seriously damage your engine/gearbox!cant remember what its called where i put it in but it was upright and the leak didnt have enough force to push it up

For the little cost of getting a Haynes Manual and spending a few minutes reading it, you can save yourself a shed-load of trouble.I plan to get one

Also, why have you needed to adjust your tickover so high? What did you adjust to achieve this?I adusted it to stop it cutting out at traffic lights etc and i turned the idle screw to do it

:shock:

If you've connected the overflow tube to the oil breather - You will now have fuel in your oil which, in turn, will seriously damage your engine/gearbox!cant remember what its called where i put it in but it was upright and the leak didnt have enough force to push it up

Battery vent hose?

quote="RantMachine"]

Battery vent hose?

something to do with air, been advised to swap it with thishttp://www.motorcycle-parts.cn/products/Motorcycle-Filter/Custom-Air-Filter/SLT-B-007.JPG

OP - why don't you take a picture of where you put said mystery hose/wire to enable us to further assist you.

That makes too much sence to me :lol: :lol: il take a photo tomorrow before i take her out.

positive signs of a well maintained bike :roll: ...... you need to check chain tension and lube it weekly or even more often if used in lots of bad weather

I lube it after every ride because my cbt instructor said its best too and i knew i needed to get a new chain soon but not now :crybaby: