Kit List - Have I covered it all ?

Would recommend boots with better shin protection

I have Sidi Black Rains

Take your time choosing a helmet. It doesn't matter how good it is if it doesn't fit properly. Different makes fit different shaped heads better/worse and one make's 'medium' could be equivalent to another's 'large'. I wouldn't recommend buying online unless you've already tried on that make/model.

Can't have too many bike clothes!

vented jackets, leather, textile, armoured kevlar jeans.......the list is endless

yep for me it's the money, I'm jealous a fook! I wish I had £500 to spend on a helmet that I would only wear 1 solid moth out of the year.

hell if you want to throw your money away it's nothing to do with me but if your ever in the northwest and decide you don't like biking anymore pass me over that jacket :D :D

Keep us updated!

If youre anything like most bikers, one set of kit will not be enough. You may think it will be now, but after you've done a few miles and discovered the downsides of your chosen gear, you'll be looking to buy more.

You may decide kevlar jeans are a good idea, or a mesh jacket for the summer, or slightly thinner/thicker gloves...

There is no such thing as gear that ticks all the boxes!!

But with your budget you could buy a great selection of gear and mix and match as you like. Thats what most experienced bikers would do.

thanks for the advice, lots to think about.

No thanks to chav's moaning about MY budget. Get a life.

donnk

Have you actually tried anything on yet?

Don't settle on a brand until you've tried it for fit. Arai helmets won't fit my head, nor will sharks or hjc, alright with AGV but nowt fits me like a shoei, even that's not concrete, my last shoei was medium, current is large helmets vary not only from make, but from models in the range.

I like alpinestars gloves, but my palms are too fat and fingers too stubby, the ones I get over my hands are about an inch too long in the fingers, so I've got armr gloves. Weren't cheap, or a major brand, but they fit.

RST boots are too narrow for my feet, so I've got alpinestars boots.

I've got hein gericke one piece leathers, frank Thomas 2 piece leathers, both in completely different sizes.

Anyway, point being mate, we are all different shapes and sizes, you're lucky enough to have a decent budget for gear, it's pointless spending 3k on your 'wish list' if you could spend half that on gear that fits better. You're better off with a £100 lid that fits as opposed to a £500 one that doesn't. Granted mine was about £400 and that's only because it's a black one, graphics stick another £100 on the price. I'm not saying don't spend a fortune, it's your money, spend what you want, just don't get fixated on one thing before you've tried others on. Don't just go in a shop, try what you want on and assume it fits, try a few on. So you've a comparison. You really want to be leaving a lid on for at least half an hour, shops won't mind, there's nowt worse than a helmet that puts pressure in the wrong places, can be agony after a while.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.