Ex's and Children on Motorbikes

Azen

Ok guys,

Has anyone had a problem with their ex's letting your child on your motorbike?

I'm having that problem at the moment, I feel safe with my child on the back and my child feels safe being on the back yet his mother, is a neurotic horse monster that has decided it isn't safe.

How do i overcome this problem?

I was thinking putting out a hit, but I got told that it isn't the done thing?!?! :lol:

No experience. ...but don't see how she can stop you without a court order and she'll never get one ( unless you have some very sketchy driving history with convictions maybe)

that's what i thought, I think my best course of action would be to take her and my son to pick out protective clothing that way she can see the durability of the clothing and the protective aspects and her mind would be put at ease a bit more.

oh well 12 more years of this till I can never see her again!!! (that's when he turns 18!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

well she has just shot me down, as she thinks he is too young to be on the back of a motorbike as he is only 8.

I personally think he would be fine, he can reach the foot pegs, I can get him gloves, jeans jacket and a lid no problem, I guess I'm just a bit miffed about the whole thing! :mad:

My ex wife is the same, now my 9 year old DOESN'T want to ride on the back coz mum says he's not allowed!

Yet she lets him ride a mini motorbike, sometimes not amount of logic will make them change their mind!

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.heberger-image.fr/data/images/14390_dsc04834gt5.jpg

And here is where it will stay!!

She has no right to say no it's your kid as well and as long as the kid wants to and is doing it in a safe way you're golden. if she is going to act like that do it on the down loooow

it's like what earl said! no amount of logic at all would convince her otherwise and Ranthat is f***ng amazing!!! I kinda want to buy that now just to put on the bike anyway!!! I could get loads of shopping in there!

that would keep him safe by piling the shopping in around him :lol:

but seriously she is the type of person that would hold something like that over me if she ever did find out, no sense and no trying to convince her even though you are right, else she will cause a really crappy atmosphere and has a way of making you feel guilty even though it is their fault.

First thing I'd do would be mount my Nerf Havok Fire on the front of the sidecar... :twisted:

http://media.firebox.com/pic/p2408_column_grid_12.jpg

It'd be a nice little nod to BMW history :wink:

and get out of the side are looking like this?!

nerf-guns-500-6.jpg?w=500&h=375

getting back on subject for the op as well there is a grip system called love handles which is a belt that clips round the riders waist with 2 hand grips on it for the pillion to use to hold on so the rider can feel what they are doing and know they are safe

I feel for you mate... Do you have court order in place RE access...

I had this some years ago when I started taking my daughter sailing. Ex wife tried to stop me and was trying to control the activities in my access time.

In the end I took the gamble and said the court has placed a court order allowing me access. They have trusted me with the welfare of our child, I can do what I want with the child (legally and within reason).

If you do not like the activities we are doing stop the access and I will l take you to court for breach of court order...

I have had very few grumbles from X since then....

Although she has made daughter promise she will NEVER EVER go on the back of a motorbike :| .

Then this is the same mum that recently a few years later than the above. Daughter tells daddy mummy was crying because daughter was going to be away on holiday with her daddy.

Leaving mummy on her own with younger 1/2 sister, with step dad coming back every evening and mummy was not going to cope on her "own"!!

Luckily our bond is still strong enough that daughter can walk away from the tears at 8, but some times I wonder how long this will remain...

Maybe the ex is more worried about other drivers causing a accident with the bike than your own ability to ride it. I know it's a risk we all take but that's always been the way I've seen it. And yes I know we all take risks in every part of life that could lead to a accident or worse but just trying to see it from their point of view.