Stinky Boots.

Guest Grandad Mike

Hi, I am a newcomer to The Motorbike Forum; in fact it is the first forum I have ever tried.

On a recent trip to Spain my boots got soaked. Since then they don't smell; they STINK!!

Any advice that will help so that they are allowed in the house again.

Cheers,

Grandad Mike.

Hi, I am a newcomer to The Motorbike Forum; in fact it is the first forum I have ever tried.

On a recent trip to Spain my boots got soaked. Since then they don't smell; they STINK!!

Cheers,

Grandad Mike.

Disinfectant spray sometimes helps remove the bacteria that cause the smell. Try using charcoal impregnated insoles as well to stop it happening again.

And welcome to the site Grandad Mike :thumb:

Cheers,

Grandad Mike.

Hellooooo, welcome to the forum! If it were me I'd wait til a hot, sunny day like today, get me a bottle of the concentrated Dettol (lavendar flavoured or some nice smelling one), dilute it in a bucket of water and immerse em and scrub em from the inside with a sponge thoroughly, rinse then prop upside down outside in a sunny spot. Leave em to dry, once dried put some odor eater insoles in there. Will take a fair while to dry though! Then put some leather treating stuff on them if they're leather.

I've never done this myself btw haha, but it's what I would do! :mrgreen:

If not, I'd just buy new boots :lol: don't ever get stinky feet luckily :thumb: !

594293224_71PUWdrSQL._SL1500_.jpg.6ecf9e320c051c23abed88ced0095824.jpg

I read somewhere to try the car aircon demustyfying stuff :lol: I've use that stuff in my car & it does kill off the fungal smell aircons sometimes get. I also read about putting your boots in the microwave for a minute to kill off the bacteria but I'm gonna ask for the video if you do this being as boots will have metal in them somewhere :shock:

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

I read somewhere to try the car aircon demustyfying stuff :lol: I've use that stuff in my car & it does kill off the fungal smell aircons sometimes get. I also read about putting your boots in the microwave for a minute to kill off the bacteria but I'm gonna ask for the video if you do this being as boots will have metal in them somewhere :shock:

How big is your microwave?!

I read somewhere to try the car aircon demustyfying stuff [emoji38] I've use that stuff in my car & it does kill off the fungal smell aircons sometimes get. I also read about putting your boots in the microwave for a minute to kill off the bacteria but I'm gonna ask for the video if you do this being as boots will have metal in them somewhere :shock:

It must of been an American forum [emoji631]

Omg that is disgusting, surely it'd make the microwave pong too? :lol:

That website link I sent suggests putting them in the freezer! :scratch: :lol: . Depends how desperate you are (and how stinky the boots are!)

I read somewhere to try the car aircon demustyfying stuff [emoji38] I've use that stuff in my car & it does kill off the fungal smell aircons sometimes get. I also read about putting your boots in the microwave for a minute to kill off the bacteria but I'm gonna ask for the video if you do this being as boots will have metal in them somewhere :shock:

It must of been an American forum [emoji631]

Ah, right. Maybe they mean one of those silver ion things.

I'd wash them out in a bath with some sort of cleaner like flash or something. The microwave thing works on material, but not sure about boots.