All these new superbikes out & Honda wins again at the TT!

7+ years of development while the R1 is brand new and the bm is a revision for 2015, although a fit Michael Dunlop would have a big say in the result

The ZX10 is very competitive because again it's a few years old and forget anything Italian for 6 laps of the island

Great show from mcguiness though

I think it was Jamie Whitham who said on the ITV show that the Honda is the slowest bike on outright speed but it's the best balanced and overall package

I think it was Jamie Whitham who said on the ITV show that the Honda is the slowest bike on outright speed but it's the best balanced and overall package

it certainly was Whitham that said that

he also said that there's no point having all that power if you can't control it and he is absolutely spot on

having loads of power is no good if you cant control it or ride as quick as the others

been smooth and carrying the speed through the corners is where its at when racing

You reckon they would lend it to Marquez ..

Whenever the onboard footage is shown there is a stark contrast against McGuiness and Anstey with regards to the likes of Guy Martin & Michael Dunlop. The Honda hardly seems to move (you can really notice in the "super slow-mo" fly past shots), whereas the BMW (and Suzuki of past) headshake and twitch like a moody mare in season.

I think we are at a limit currently with regards to chassis technology perhaps? Because not much has changed since '08 with the exception of active suspension & I don't think any bikes are using it in the TT?

Whenever the onboard footage is shown there is a stark contrast against McGuiness and Anstey with regards to the likes of Guy Martin & Michael Dunlop. The Honda hardly seems to move (you can really notice in the "super slow-mo" fly past shots), whereas the BMW (and Suzuki of past) headshake and twitch like a moody mare in season.

I think we are at a limit currently with regards to chassis technology perhaps? Because not much has changed since '08 with the exception of active suspension & I don't think any bikes are using it in the TT?

The Honda Fireblade is a bit long in the tooth now but it's a well sorted road racing bike, with John Mc pint on board, his knowledge and that little bit of extra weight all helps to make it a winning package. Agree the Superbikes are on the limit the super stockers are not that far behind, to think that the super stockers are on treaded tyres is just unbelievable. The main failure this year with the New R1 and the reason you don't see many Ducati's on the Island is that it they were designed for driveability - grunt and control out of the corners, the TT circuit is a totally different animal from the normal roads and short circuits they've been designed for. The TT apart from the odd slow corner is absolutely flat out for most of the lap, this is where the bombproof Honda excels. I feel it won't be long before a new breed of super - super bikes hit's the Island. Honda have just shown there hand with a £140,000 bike, Kawasaki are messing around with the H2.

Make no mistake, if the factories took there Motor GP bikes to Island the lap record for sure would get smashed. Top speeds at the last couple of Moto gp's was in the region of 216mph these bikes will also smoke a superbike both on acceleration and braking. 40yrs years ago when l first went to the TT l was gobsmacked at the speeds, l saw the first 110mph lap today it's over 130 mph Speeds will get higher