My expanding waistline

Lumor_uk

Turned 32 recently, I used to wear 32" waist they started getting tight so I switched to 34" only for them to be too loose. It seems 33" stuff costs a lot and is only by the big brands in TK Maxx.

So I get a measuring tape out for this kit at my rugby club and it says 36-38" depending on which ring of fat I choose :crybaby:

edit: I'm turning on the wii fit now :oops:

Get out running. Its free and quickly burns off calories/ fat :) As I'm sure your aware though its all about the calorie deficit.....

I went from 15st to 12.5st in 6 months....would have been more if I didn't enjoy food so much lol

IM

well I'm 12.5 stone now with a chubby waist :P was 13 stone but all muscle, stopped rugby while having kids and I kept eating same as I did. muscle just turned to jelly over night :D

don't like running, know too many older folk with dodgy knees from too much running.

As an ex rugby player (the proper code obviously)

Its very very easy to put weight on if not playing, training and basically doing nowt.

Road running does help. I've had a couple of operations on my knees but bought a pair of decent running shoes. Made all the difference.

Also try running in the fields/woods etc. Less impact on your joints.

Several clubs round here used to use a country park by us for that same reason. Lots of very steep short hills which are excellent for cardio along with a few longer flat sections ideal for stamina.

By the way.

it comes to us all!!!!

That's not bad!

I've got a 34" waist and only chip in around 10% body fat as I'm 13 stone and do a lot of weights. If you're quite tall then having a wider waist is to be expected.

That's not bad!

I've got a 34" waist and only chip in around 10% body fat as I'm 13 stone and do a lot of weights. If you're quite tall then having a wider waist is to be expected.

Yes but i'm only 5'6" :oops: :oops:

That's not bad!

Yes but i'm only 5'0" :oops: :oops:

Fixed it for you!

:popcorn:

This has reminded me I really must go to the gym tonight! I really wish I could go running, but dodgy ankles and the first hand knowledge of why there are very few large breasted female runners puts me off!

Back to the gym and reasonably healthy east to start again for me.

I remember the good old days when I used to be a 32" waist. I need to wake up and start loosing the weight again.

I lost nearly 2 stone a couple of years ago but its all slowly crept back on again :-/

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to lose weight just eat less, you could go running but cardio vascular training is better for fitness than weight loss.

Keep track of calories using apps like Myfitnesspal if you struggle to understand what you're eating.

A calorie deficit is the only way to lose fat, that is an undisputable fact. You can either eat less or exercise to burn calories, the easiest way is to just eat less.

I'm 15 and a half stone at 5ft 9 with abs and even though I weight train regularly i do zero cardio, I just watch what I'm eating and how much of it.

i think, broadly speaking, you will end up like whichever side of the family you follow

it isn't good feeling over-weight on the other hand it takes will power to remove it :(

i think, broadly speaking, you will end up like whichever side of the family you follow

it isn't good feeling over-weight on the other hand it takes will power to remove it :(

Being overweight isn't genetic, it's caused by eating too much, fat parents generally have fat kids because they pick up their eating habits.

Unless you have an under active thyroid issue, which can be stabilised by using medication, then there is no excuse to be fat, it's just caused by being greedy and eating too much.

Have done quite a few sessions at pre season training now. My waist looks pukka :) just need to stop giving myself treats though for the hard work outs. Really loving the running side, but I can't run non competitively it's boring!