2 hours to say good bye to your bike....

onesea

Genuine question guys if you had 2 hours to say good but to your bike for a couple of months. Stored in a garage (with no power) unused unloved what would you do to it before you left....

With no way to connect a trickle charger, just disconnect the battery and take it somewhere you can periodically charge it up.

Having said that, if its in good condition, it will likely be fine disconnected and left in the bike.

I'd probably make a post about it on a forum so that the whole world knew my bike would be really easy to steal for the next 8 weeks :lol:

Can we have your postcode please (to save time locating the bike). We will ensure the battery is kept topped up (until we have all the parts dismantled and sold anyway).

If you provide a detailed pictiure of the garage door key (so we can make a copy), we will cut you in for 5% of any profit made.

Enjoy your holiday!

:mrgreen:

a couple of months is only 8 weeks!!

unless its got an alarm thats a constant drain.. it should need nothing doing whatsoever, certainly removing the battery seems to me just a tad excessive. 6 months or a year.. yes. but 8 weeks?

Thanks for al the advice...

RE leaving it in locked garage, and them posting it here. I suppose if some one was that desperate they could track it down it probably more effort than its worth. Its towards the back and would take a little time to get to. The garage is overlooked and watched frequently by a fellow biker. Plus my misses is about as well...

If the buggers are going to take it they will get to it one way or another...

Interesting no one mentioned cleaning, I knocked the worst of the bugs of gave it a quick wipe down. I forgot to spray some oil on the chain but that is on Scott oiler so fairly well lubed...

I have not bothered disconnecting the battery, think cleaning was higher priority. Its only 8-9 weeks max so as long as it starts its fine :D. Will update in a few weeks :|

You can get a solar trickle charger on eBay for about £12 if you extend the cable you can keep your battery topped up for free :)

Now there does leave a clue to all passing something in there is worth investigating :? .