query about application form

Guest petrolhead1989

and back on topic.. because like i said.. im done with that shit now..

you guys were right, sadly im unable to hold a shotgun licence.. I had a firearms officer come round my house today, as i arranged to meet someone, in relation to my criminal record..

the prison sentence and crime wouldnt stop me having one.. but, as some of you said.. Mental health, is a big no no..

the lady was very nice.. she said, its not so much the mental health.. its the fact that i require medication on a daily basis...

So, bought myself a new air rifle today instead... (well, yesterday now)...

The bitch ...should of chucked her in the tumble dryer.

Right then, on the animal cruelty front: Not the best idea PH.

However, mental health issues can distort perceptions for the affected individual - for anyone who hasn't had experience of dealing with a person who is in the midst of a mental health episode e.g. depression or mania, I'd suggest reading up on it before making idiotic comments.

I'm glad you've got that side of things sorted PH but given your history, it's probably wise to limit your firepower to air weapons.

What is it you do with them anyway - target stuff? Also, can you not get a loaner shotgun from the range?

You haven't said what it was you did time for, although there are some civil offences that can lead to jail time - non payment of rates in extreme cases for example. If in doubt, declare it. They will find out and if you haven't declared it you will defo not get the license.

Least you do acknowledge that's messed up.

course i aknowledge it, Biggest mistake i ever made in my life. But nothing i can do about it..

Like i said, i cant change the choices i have already made, but i can make sure i make good choices in the future..

and nahh, 9 air rifles isnt excessive.. All setup for different things...

One has a standard mil dot scope, one has a night vision scope cam mounted, a couple of .177's for target shooting, some are .22,

also, some are spring powered, some are Co2 powered, and some are PCP guns..

They are all locked up in a gun cabinet anyway, So safety for my children is not an issue

Fair enough. Actually I retract what I said about having guns around my child as thinking more about it I grew up around licensed guns within the family and it taught me valuable things. Is a shame the family members who did have them have passed away. As a teenager my dad let us use a air rifle as he set up a shooting range in our cellar. Maybe one day will look at reviving that hobby.

As a teenager my dad let us use a air rifle as he set up a shooting range in our cellar. Maybe one day will look at reviving that hobby.

My dad did the same thing but, me and my brother each have our own pcp's and we use them occasionally, not so much any more though. It definitely taught me responsibility as I basically had mine at like 14.