Larger size protective clothing

Hi guys, been a while since I posted but have now got myself a full time job so I'm pretty busy. I passed my theory test last week (I took both my car and bike one on the same day so I didn't have to go back to the place which is a nightmare to find) and I am booking my CBT and Direct Access course tomorrow.

I have ordered my helmet (Shoei XR1100) I tried one on in a shop last year and it was a good fit and very comfortable as far as helmets go so decided that was the helmet for me.

I'm looking at different protective gear and was wondering which brands give a better fit for bigger guys like myself, I'm 6'1 40in waist (Although I could probably get away with a 38 now)

I really like the look of the Oxford gear, they have some nice jeans and jackets, I would prefer textile (all weather if possible) as I'm not really a fan of tighter clothing like leather jackets and trousers.

Is there any brands or particular items you'd recommend?

I will be trying jeans and jackets on before I buy them but was wondering if there was anything you guys would recommend

You tried on a lid in a shop and ordered one? Where from?

A local bike shop near me is where I tried it, I'd normally support the local business but they wanted a lot more than what I paid in the end. I ordered it from sportsbikeshop

Purely dependant on how much you want to pay mate.

I have an Oxford coat for the winter. Decent enough and is warm. Fits well and I'm 6ft 3

I don't mind paying the extra money for the extra quality, it's actually an "all weather" Oxford jacket I've been looking at

Danny.

My Oxford all weather was around 150 quid.

As I say it does what it says on the tin.

Compare it to alpinestar etc which I have for summer then you will notice the difference.

Perhaps a bit better quality (and a touch pricier), have a look at Richa stuff. I have the Touareg Jacket and Trousers and they are excellent.