Passport Office

NearOn

I just wanted to say I know the Passport Office seems to get a lot of negative feedback every now and again but for us they have just been extremely efficient. We filled in the online form for our little boys first passport, paid the fee and printed it off. We sent it off with all the relevant documents and photos last Tuesday evening.

The documents arrived back in the post the following Monday and then a few hours later on the same day the passport arrived by courier, that's 3 working days to process it! We paid for the standard service and what superb service it was! So credit given where its due.

entirely the opposite for us. They were hopeless.

We sent the application off in good time as we have plans to attend a friend's wedding in september - it's a good job we did!

We sent off the relevant documentation with the photograph countersigned. Then waited. They contacted our counter signatory and asked her to provide proof of her profession - she rang them to ask a question, they didn't note down that conversation in the log and subsequently rejected the application on no communication. We had to find an entirely new counter signatory from their seemingly random list of professions. Anyway - we did manage to find another, and got things signed off and sorted and the passport has come back. Not until after being called a liar by the pleasant woman at the passport help desk.

entirely the opposite for us. They were hopeless.

We sent the application off in good time as we have plans to attend a friend's wedding in september - it's a good job we did!

We sent off the relevant documentation with the photograph countersigned. Then waited. They contacted our counter signatory and asked her to provide proof of her profession - she rang them to ask a question, they didn't note down that conversation in the log and subsequently rejected the application on no communication. We had to find an entirely new counter signatory from their seemingly random list of professions. Anyway - we did manage to find another, and got things signed off and sorted and the passport has come back. Not until after being called a liar by the pleasant woman at the passport help desk.

Luck of the draw it seems then. I'm lucky as work in the NHS so had the pick of professions. Glad you got it sorted in the end.

• 1 month later...
I just wanted to say I know the Passport Office seems to get a lot of negative feedback every now and again but for us they have just been extremely efficient. We filled in the online form for our little boys first passport, paid the fee and printed it off. We sent it off with all the relevant documents and photos last Tuesday evening.

The documents arrived back in the post the following Monday and then a few hours later on the same day the passport arrived by courier, that's 3 working days to process it! We paid for the standard service and what superb service it was! So credit given where its due.

My very recent experience is nearly as good - return within 5 working days! :thumb:

My wife is planning on getting her passport renewed this month/early next month, and I'm wondering which is easiest option. Is it best to do it online or through the Post Office? It costs £10 more though the Post Office than doing it online but maybe less hassle.

My wife is planning on getting her passport renewed this month/early next month, and I'm wondering which is easiest option. Is it best to do it online or through the Post Office? It costs £10 more though the Post Office than doing it online but maybe less hassle.

We did ours online with no issues, I think if follow the advice/instructions can't go wrong.

My son - not the one on here - got on a plane with his passport and managed to get off without it. Big problem as his next flight was to Australia. He phoned passport office from Gatwick, while they were looking for an appointment someone in Liverpool conveniently cancelled theirs fro the following day so Mike grabbed it, came home overnight, Liverpool on Tuesday am, call back at 5 to collect passport job done

It's a mixed bag, my passport just caused no end of fuss. I did a post office check and send and we where not quite precise enough.

What I can say is the passport office wanted to help and tried to help. They also had to tick the relevant box's which seems fair enough...

It does seem to depend who you speak to there..

• 2 weeks later...
Just renewed our Passports online......me, wife, and eldest son. All completed in two weeks!

Price to us in Spain? A grand total of €430........around 320 quid! Talk about a pisstake! :roll:

Good!. :up:

Online is very easy. Wouldn't give the Post Office £10 for something you can easily do yourself.

Also worth noting that the "check and send" service rejects an impressive percentage of passport photos if you're applying in a Post Office with a photo booth... :roll:

Online is very easy. Wouldn't give the Post Office £10 for something you can easily do yourself.

Also worth noting that the "check and send" service rejects an impressive percentage of passport photos if you're applying in a Post Office with a photo booth... :roll:

My girlfriend used the check and send service at her local post office and it was rejected by the passport office! Idiots!