Post your test centre specific tips here i will post (erith)

Centers vary as do examiners and so i thought i will give you a heads up for erith as i have had a few goes there.

1. if you get a short big guy sometimes wears glasses he will probably take you to a one way road that halfway down becomes a 2 way road he will then tell you to turn right. if you missed the change you will move to the right and fail the test i have heard him fail about 6 people this way and i dont agree with it at all because i think regular drivers would make the same mistake.

2. when you leave the test center you may turn right down to a mini roundabout then right again to a big one.

if your asked to go straight on at the big roundabout do not take the left lane as it is a left turn only

3. alot or erith is hilly up down up down small tight roads. if your not good with that pick another centre

i believe most of the small back roads are 30 i didn't get anything for speeding so im guessing thats the case.

4. At some point during your "follow directions to" you maybe taken onto a 50mph road and pass wind turbines on your left and off at the exit up to a big roundabout the sign is easy to miss but the exit is i think 3rd it is not 1st or 2nd if your in the left lane looking for the exit you will then have to convince your brain to take the wrong exit believe me this is a lot harder than it sounds in a split second decision because in real life nobody will take the wrong exit. i have done this twice and failed twice despite knowing full well i should take the wrong exit in that situation

So basically a rant then. :-)

To state the obvious, a test should be testing - the examiner should be providing a route that challenges the rider to ensure that they observe the road signs.

I don't think the examiner should be berated for allowing a route that involves a few "tricky" situations.