Universal gear indicator

I suppose my starter question is why do you want one? They work as it they will tell you what gear you're in.. they won't help tell you what gear you should be in :lol: engine noise is a much better indicator of that :)

The bike I did my DAS on had one, I think I looked at it for the first 10 minutes from a ooh novelty value point then never looked at it again :lol:

I guess it's my lack of experience showing through. Just put 100 miles on the new bike and the amount of times I tried to change up from top gear was bordering on the stupid. Also set off in second gear a few times. It's only a 125 so you can imagine it was a slow start.

Thanks guys, feel a little bit less of a stupid sock cooker now.

This bloody bike thing is addictive though isn't it? Been back half an hour and missing it.

These are naff, i fitted one and it was useless, takes an age to set up and works far from well.

Not needed, or buy a bike with one fitted. I find them useful my bike has one as standard but you dont really need one

I guess it's my lack of experience showing through. Just put 100 miles on the new bike and the amount of times I tried to change up from top gear was bordering on the stupid. Also set off in second gear a few times. It's only a 125 so you can imagine it was a slow start.

Not long after I passed my test borrowed the OHs R6. Was nervous as hell. I tried to pull off from some lights in second and stalled it. I then did this TWICE MORE! :oops:

Mine has one built in too. Also has digital speedo.

On the odds occasion I've looked down at the dash whilst coming to a stop, I've mistaken the speedo for the gear indicator and thought I was still in 4th gear when actually doing 4mph..

I still occasionally forget what gear I am in, and I only have 4 to choose from :D

The nearly going over the bars feeling when going down to 1st from "3rd" when I though I was going to 2nd always makes me think I should get one of these indicators... but nowhere to put it :-)

My ZZR1400 has one built in and its nice as 3rd/4/5 are much of a muchness on a 210bhp bike but as said not really vital

I'll keep my eye out for the back of your bike as it gets smaller going down the A6 :lol:

Even at 100,000 miles or 1 million, you will still go for the top gear that isn't there :wink:

I still do it 2 million miles and 40 years later. :oops:

I'll keep my eye out for the back of your bike as it gets smaller going down the A6]

looks something like this :mrgreen:

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q531/bigralphie67/Facebook/Untitled%20Album/11539760_10153785222267923_3548769755512769598_n_zpsvu1fbxwc.jpg

Bugger it, Race on! Starting at Dantes halfway house and finishing at the black bull.....

Oh but the rules state that we have to do it backwards! :lol:

Edited by Oasis