Aldi bike stuff

Has anyone bought the boots? They look pretty good for the price.

I have the boots, they're the only pair of biking boots I've ever worn so I can't comment too much against other brands, but they don't feel overly supportive around my ankles.

The wife bought me a pair of the gloves, sent my hands to sleep in 10 minutes of riding, gave them to a friend, everybody's hands are different I just could not get on with those gloves though.

I quite like them, though they are tight I got a large and they're still tight on me when normally I'm a medium to large. Also the palm isn't fully double stitched which may be an issue.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160416/9ee6dd2604536b3db7a5d3396242a34d.jpg

I can vouch for the leather jacket and jeans. Comfortable and fit well. Basic padding in shoulders and elbows (jacket) and knees (jeans). I was an XL in jacket (rather than the usual L) so sizes come up a little tighter.

I've been using the WD40 chain lube and cleaner, but has any tried the chain wax? Does it make less mess than the chain lube? I'm probably simply not practised enough at putting on chain lube, but when I put it on it looks like there is barley any there. Then I go out and it is flicked up all over my number plate/Lplate/back wheel :-/

Wondering if the wax would be better?

I recently used motul paste it has a brush built in the tube, worked a treat

I've now used the wax for the last couple of chain care sessions and it's pretty different. It doesn't fling, but it does leave quite a lot of white residue on the chain so if that's not something you could live with then it's not for you. I don't mind it I must say and should make the rear end easier to clean (if I get round to that..)