samsung mobile phone users

priest

I don't understand the Samsung hate!

All I want is a phone that makes and receives calls, connects to my car and which allows me to send the occasional text and take the occasional photo.

The Samsung range has always started off OK and then very quickly gone belly up, and even after having it looked at under warranty, it is not long before it plays up again. That is why I hate Samsung.

At the moment it has now gone into requiring charging twice a day, so just as well I have an in car charger. It is a total piece of crap............. :x

I do not want or use internet on the phone, I do not need or want loads of apps, I just want a simple phone that does what I want from a phone well.

My first car phone back in the late 80's took up half the boot of my car, but at least it worked reliably :roll:

I recommend ... two tin cans and a piece of string! :mrgreen: :seeya:

I must say that most people I know who have a samsung either have a spare battery, a battery pack or carry a charger!!

The wives S4mini started off great and towards the end the battery life was just no where near as good and it had slowed down!

I have a Sony Z2 and not had a problem with it!! I can get 2 days out of the battery under normal usage! and under light usage I can get 5 or 6 days! this is a 2 year old phone! I am due an upgrade in may and I am considering just keeping this Z2 as it just works!

I've gone from Galaxy s3 then s5 now s7 edge. The s5 was actually a good phone and never seemed to lag much, but wanted a newer phone. The S7 edge is brilliant. Battery life is not a problem, ever, even with extreme use. Samsung touchwiz has been stripped back too, also bloat ware (which is on HTC, Sony etc too) is kept to a minimum.

I like apple as a company, but there phones are dire so I'd never go back. Android imho far better.

I'd recommend clean master app to anyone that has an android too, very good for getting shot of shite that clogs up memory.

Check out the Samsung note 3. Massive screen, had mine for over 2 years now and struggling to find anything to replace it. Also can get spare batteries from China for a few pounds so easy to swap out when they start dying on you.

I recommend ... two tin cans and a piece of string! :mrgreen: :seeya:

You joke, but if it did the job reliably, I would be quite happy with that :)

I am from a generation that did not grow up with technology. Blimey, when I was at school, personal calculators were just starting to come onto the market and cost a fortune. Even now, if I get an issue I go to my daughter and ask her to sort the problem out.

I openly admit I am an IT numpty, I have no idea other than the basics that allow me to work, and in regards to having internet and email availability on my phone, no thanks, if I want to check internet or emails, I turn on my laptop.

I get quite envious of those of you who are whizz kids on all these gadgets, but it is all relative as there are many who are (apparently) envious of all the riding courses and qualifications I have obtained over the years

I don't understand the Samsung hate! I have been with Samsung since the i9000 (the S, or what I suppose could retrospectively be called the "S1"). I have found that from the S4 onwards, they've got better. I currently have the S4 and I'm going to upgrade to the S7 soon.

To get the most out of them, you need to root them and keep ontop of upgrades and the firmware. Easy to do with Odin (google it) and quite fun if you're a techie like me. Just don't brick it. I know someone who's teenage son bricked his brand new S3 straight out of the box, invalidated the guarantee on a £300 phone before he'd even used it once (facepalm).

As someone who got his first mobile phone (a housebrick sized thing) with his first graduate job in 1996 at the age of 22, I find modern phones an absolute wonder, regardless of how slow they might sometimes be. In those days there was one single mobile phone shop in the whole area and you hand-picked your preferred mobile number out of a book. Texting took forever, but it didn't matter, because almost nobody else you knew had a mobile phone!

What are the main benefits of rooting?

Is there an idiots guide?

Basically rooting allows you to take full control of the OS and delete those apps that come along with the "skinned" versions of android that Sony, Samsung, HTC and other put on their own phones.

It also allows apps to run various services that are normally blocked to them for various reasons.

Is it only easy if you have some kind of technical know how? Is it kinda like a surgeon saying "appendix removal is fairly easy, but be warned if you do it wrong it can 'brick' your patient leaving it useless"

It depends if the phone uses that particular app in the background, then it will slow it down. There are ways to disable bloatware though. Like I said previous, clean master is an app I always use with great results done regularly.

It depends if the phone uses that particular app in the background, then it will slow it down. There are ways to disable bloatware though. Like I said previous, clean master is an app I always use with great results done regularly.

:stupid:

easier and safer, some can actually be disabled in Application manager.

I have a nexus 9 that no longer updates due to an internal error. So much for pure Google just working. Had it just over a year and I am close to a brick.

Just got an S7 edge and this thing flys. I find any android updates just screw things up but I use android for all the WiFi tools in my job.

I have a nexus 9 that no longer updates due to an internal error. So much for pure Google just working. Had it just over a year and I am close to a brick.

Have you tried a factory reset?

I've had loads of Nexus devices and never had a problem updating software.