Spark plug covers

Glorian

Afternoon,

Anyone have any tips for keeping these sealed.

http://i.imgur.com/ql8E6Cm.png

They pop off occasionally alloweing what ever to get inside to the spark plugs which is not a good thing..

I bought new ones a while ago which seemed to solve it but they're back to being a pain!

Please serious suggestions (Gin and hoggs! No more blue tac/duct tape)

The actual coil to plug part fits fine, no issue there.

It's just the rubber seal the covers the top the pops out. I've pushed them in thoroughly but no luck.. the 2 outside ones are usually alright but the inner 2 are always open to the elements.

it could be the heat making the work lose!

there is only really one solution!

New NOT GREEEEEEN bike time :mrgreen:

fixed that for you. My kwak has the spark plugs so well hidden in the depths that there is no chance of stuff getting in there! Perfect!

Savage stu :D

I would love a new bike but i can't afford one with you know.. BUYING A HOUSE ! maybe in a couple years. I could probably if i was willing to ride it every day to work.. but nah, 6am rides in the dark cold winter not to appealing.

Savage stu :D

I would love a new bike but i can't afford one with you know.. BUYING A HOUSE ! maybe in a couple years. I could probably if i was willing to ride it every day to work.. but nah, 6am rides in the dark cold winter not to appealing.

maybe you can if you allow a little extra on the mortgage,it would mean you have cash to buy something

I have a GSX600F, it has the same sealing plugs.

I've tried everything to seal them. The main problem I get is misfire i heavy rain.

When I got the bike the front mudguard had been cut short making the problem worse because so much water was spraying up from the wheel on to the engine.

I got a good 2nd hand mudguard and it has helped.

I wanted to fit a fender extender, but I can t get one to fit my bike.