Kevlar Jean, decent boots

Any recommend some Kevla/Aramid Jeans? Seen some about recently that have knee and hip protection but they are pretty cheap so not sure they will be much good? Also looking for a pair of boots that have good protection but look normal and not bulky for when I'm not gonna be doing high speeds

I've got a pair of Hood jeans.......had them a good few years now and they're still going strong...... 8-)

I've got a pair of Sidi Black Rain EVO boots that have pretty good protection.......just not greatly comfortable when off the bike, walking around......but look ok..... 8-)

NOT JTS Kevlar jeans! Cheap and nasty (and not even that cheap), a hole appeared in mine like the fabric unravelled in the middle of the leg after about 6 hours total of being sat on my bike. Sent them back so they could 'inspect' the fault. Surprise surprise, 'it must have been me that damaged them'. Should have saved myself the postage. Sizes are f**ked up too!

Rant over!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Halvarssons and Lindstrands are two halves of a very good clothing line. :mrgreen:

I've had a few pair of biking jenes from them and really love them :D

The hip and knee pads can be set to any height to fit your body shape and I can verify that in a crash they hold together! :shock:

Easy link but you may find them cheaper in a shop

I love the Halvarssons/Jofma/Lindstrands brand too. I've got their textile kit but can see me gradually changing all my kit to them!

Have have some "Bullit" jeans that I got from gumtree. They are pretty good, though the stock "armour" is just foam pads.

I love the Halvarssons/Jofma/Lindstrands brand too. I've got their textile kit but can see me gradually changing all my kit to them!

Have have some "Bullit" jeans that I got from gumtree. They are pretty good, though the stock "armour" is just foam pads.

Woo! I started by randomly buying some of their women's bike jeans cos they're some of the only ones I've found with curves on the hips but tighten again for the legs! :D

Recently bought an Electra jacket, my first textile jacket ever, so looking forward to seeing how it is! :mrgreen:

Pretty much the same reason I bought them, with the added plus that they come in various leg lengths. They are pretty much the only bike trousers I have found that I am comfortable in because they are actually fitted to my shape, not really tight/skinny fit or overly baggy. Lovely :D

Only thing I wish they did was different sleeve lengths for their jackets. I have the Sheridan jacket, fit is fantastic but the arms are slightly too long. Then so has every other bike jacket I have tried!

I wanted the Electra jacket, but couldn't quite justify the price at the time :-)

! That is the same problem I have too! Even the electra has slightly too long arms.. Which makes finding gloves a real pain in the butt.. :evil:

I've had my eye on the Electra jack for about two years now.. Couldn't justify the price either but my mum finally got fed up of my current leather jacket falling apart and took pity on me as an early birthday present..! :love:

Also looking for a pair of boots that have good protection but look normal and not bulky for when I'm not gonna be doing high speeds

how "normal" do you want?

I can hear the howls of horror now. :lol: but TCX do 'denim' boots... which look remarkably like ordinary shoes/trainers.

Im not sure how long the white laces will stay white though.

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/product_images/TCX_X-Street_Boots-Blue_Denim_front_left_quarter_92686.jpg

in other colours too... like black and 20% off at sportsbikeshop. http://tinyurl.com/juazdmd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh boots! I forgot about them.

Alt-berg boots for me. Look like normal black boots. Really comfy, very waterproof and warm when you need them to be. They are however not the cheapest. But not the most expensive either.

I can hear the howls of horror now. :lol:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :lol:

But I would recommend proper boots with ankle and shin protection :wink: