Where to Start off?? Completely confused!

Hi Everyone,

Apologies if this has already been asked on so many different ones and by so many different people! I feel completely lost! Haha!

I'm 28, have been driving cars with full license since I was 17.

I'm looking to get my bike license and am not too sure where to start! I've got a few specific questions and anything else you could tell me would be greatly appreciated! :)

1: Do I need to take a theory test again? And if I do, when do I need to take this? i.e. before or after CBT?

2: Do I need to apply for a provisional bike licence or does my driving licence allow me anything? If provisional is required, when do i need to get this?

3: I'm assuming you can't ride any bike without the CBT? Once I pass this what kind of bike can I ride?

Cheers,

Kate

Hi and welcome to the forum.

This gets posted a lot but dont stress :thumb:

The general way to do it is as follows.

CBT (around £90)

then do a DAS(between £400-£1000)

Theory

Mod1

Mod2

This will allow you to ride ANY bike without L-plates or further training.

You need to do your CBT first then send your license off to update it i believe.

CBT will allow you to ride most 125's or less.

DO NOT BUY CHINESE BIKE OR ME AND RANTMACHINE WILL HOUND YOU

Any more questions ask away!

Do you need to send your license off after your cbt?

Shit, I'll have to look into that.

I've done my CBT (£109)

Theory test (£23)

And booked a DAS course.

Chinese bikes aren't that bad anymore :lol:

Ahoy hoy!

You don't need to send off your license after getting your CBT :wink:

Only after you pass your MOD2.

CBT is valid for two years so if you don't do your full test you will need to do it again.

Also the theory is valid for two years and you can't do the big test without it so don't do it too soon if you're not planning on taking the tests for a while

You don't need to send off your license after getting your CBT :wink:

Thank god for that :lol:

Get out.

Stu ban him!

Come on, they aren't that bad. Buy one again, it could be your guilty pleasure :lol:

Come on, they aren't that bad. Buy one again, it could be your guilty pleasure :lol:

You've only had it a few months, give it a bit longer and see what starts falling off or breaking before you go telling people they aren't so bad :lol:

You've only had it a few months, give it a bit longer and see what starts falling off or breaking before you go telling people they aren't so bad :lol:

Do I not get points for it being Hungarian but built in China? It's a one cylinder, 10hp bike. The only electrics are the lights...what can go wrong? :tumble:

Sorry, I have sent this off topic.

The licence system is very confusing at first. Contact a CBT course and they will explain it all to you. :thumb:

Do I not get points for it being Hungarian but built in China? It's a one cylinder, 10hp bike. The only electrics are the lights...what can go wrong? :tumble:

Yes... Minus points..

And Minus bank balance once it starts to go tits up! :shock:

Sorry Kat-

Yes you'll need to take a new theory test as they ask more motorcycle specific questions.

However you won't need to apply for a provisional, your current car one will cover that :D

Correct with no bike riding till CBT is done (Some licences let you on a 50cc but think yours is too new). As said above, once you're through the CBT you can have a 125cc..

I would recommend looking into intensive courses that'll have your CBT and full Licence (Mod 1 and 2) in about a week, with training in and around those.

It's a great way to get you into biking, means you can get a taste for several engine sizes and you're then free to get which ever bike feels comfy to you, from a cruiser 125 to an upright 600 :mrgreen:

As you've been driving for a few years, you may get quickly bored of the 125 and feel like an ER500 is better suited for you. :thumb:

Get out.

Stu ban him!

Actually I am going to hold the blame on you for mentioning that horrible word in the first place :mrgreen:

Get out.

Stu ban him!

Actually I am going to hold the blame on you for mentioning that horrible word in the first place :mrgreen:

#

HAHAHA well that backfired on you Glorian :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can ban me..

But i will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!

Translation

I'll make a new account and you'll never know!

GloRAIN will Rise Again! :mrgreen:

:up: