tomorrow i have my theory/hazard perception test for both bike 1.30pm and car 3.30pm I have taken this several times and keep failing the hazard part of it any tips as I cannot find anywhare on line to practice the hazard part, the question side I dont have a problem with

Don't be click happy. The technique I used was click once when I saw a possible hazard, then click again when it escalates.

If you click too many times it gives you 0. There are a few websites that let you practise it.

was doing some searching and is it right that it is cgi now?

Yeah it's Computer generated but not intelligent. Which means it can't do random things. It's a very realistic computer animation, only the pedestrians let the whole thing down as far as graphics go.

I did mine not so long ago and you do get a practice session before you start. It's really not very hard at all and just takes common sense. Just don't let nervous get in your way :thumb:

Yup, all CG now. Try not to laugh :-P Male pedestrians walk with a swagger and females walk like they are balancing books on their head.

The sheep and cows are rather cute though :mrgreen:

It is essentially the exact same now as it was before however. Practicing with real video version will help.

Old style vid clips here: http://www.theory-test-online.co.uk/free-hazard-perception-test-demo.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But the mechanics are the same - as Arwen said, click once when you first see the hazard (eg a fast car coming down a side road) then click again as it develops (the car is not slowing down and is now close to the main road) and then as the hazard actually "happens" (car wildly pulls out in front of you)

I failed the first time for not clicking enough because if you click when you spot the hazard but the computer doesn't think you should have spotted it yet you will get nil points. So a couple of extra clicks will guarantee you some points. Don't click in a rhythm and try not to panic click. If you do overclick on a video it's not the end of the world as there are enough videos to mean you can lose one.

Good luck keep us updated :thumb:

Yup, all CG now. Try not to laugh :-P Male pedestrians walk with a swagger and females walk like they are balancing books on their head.

The sheep and cows are rather cute though :mrgreen:

It is essentially the exact same now as it was before however. Practicing with real video version will help.

:lol: They all walk like they have crapped themselves. :lol:

CGI?! Gaw now I feel old..

Will have to check out some clips of that! :lol:

But agree with others, find an online site or two to try on and just take a deep breath.. You'll be ok :thumb:

CGI?! Gaw now I feel old..

Will have to check out some clips of that! :lol:

But agree with others, find an online site or two to try on and just take a deep breath.. You'll be ok :thumb:

Don't feel old. It's only in the past year or so it has changed to CG.

The examiner gave me a "control yourself!" Look when I had to stifle my giggling when I first saw it. No one warned me it was different to when I done my car one :-)

Good work Riston! Keep calm and you'll be fine i'am sure.

When I did my car test didn't even have the hazard awareness bit. That's how old I am. Quick someone chime in with how they didn't even have a theory bit!! :lol:

When I did my car test didn't even have the hazard awareness bit. That's how old I am. Quick someone chime in with how they didn't even have a theory bit!! :lol:

I was part of the pilot scheme. 20 of us did it.

It wasn't compulsory but for some reason I did it :scratch:

Was that aimed at me :twisted:

And I had to be careful not to run over the bloke with the red flag. :wink:

Here is an update on my theory tests

Bike Results...... Multiple choice 45/50 PASSHazard 59/75PASS

Car Result..........Multiple Choice 44/50PASSHazard 57/75PASS

Passed both of them :cheers:

Great stuff. Well done! :thumb:

Was that aimed at me :twisted:

And I had to be careful not to run over the bloke with the red flag. :wink:

:laugh: of course not :angel12:

Also awesome work Riston :thumb: you got the practicals booked yet?

Also awesome work Riston :thumb: you got the practicals booked yet?

A friend of mine is letting me use his Lexus for my car and just waiting for same friend to do his theory and doing it on same day if he passes

44 I think that's what I got that's just the pass mark, right? [emoji39] I never thought of doing car and bike theory back in the day when I done my car one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...