My Helmets Falling Apart!

The rubber bit around the bottom of my helmet has come away and is only held on that front. I'm a bit short for a few weeks so need a temporary repair until I can buy a new one. Will some superglue be ok to fix for now?

Ehh... Any adhesive, as far as I know, on the outer shell is a massive No no.. :|

Tony will be one of the best ones to help you out with this one though..

Are you able to put any pics up?

Ehh... Any adhesive, as far as I know, on the outer shell is a massive No no.. :|

Tony will be one of the best ones to help you out with this one though..

Are you able to put any pics up?

That's what I thought to be honest, and that's why I've asked I'll :) get one up shortly. I can ride without the rubber on but it shoots the wind up into my helmet and gets a bit cold.

Superglue is fine.. i would suggest using the gel type as its easier to manage than the super runny liquid.

superglue dries extremely quickly and without vapours.. its these vapours that can harm helmet shells... and its more of a problem if the shell is plastic.

the glues I would be wary of are the type that contain petroleum type solvents and take a long time to set/harden. or describe themselves as a form of 'weld'.

Superglue is fine.. i would suggest using the gel type as its easier to manage than the super runny liquid.

superglue dries extremely quickly and without vapours.. its these vapours that can harm helmet shells... and its more of a problem if the shell is plastic.

the glues I would be wary of are the type that contain petroleum type solvents and take a long time to set/harden. or describe themselves as a form of 'weld'.

Thanks! It's just to hold it in position for a week or two :)

That should just push back in round the edge. Unless I am missing what's broken through that pic :/

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That should just push back in round the edge. Unless I am missing what's broken through that pic :/

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

There was glue on it that held it in place. it's pushing on and falling off again right away