Any Star Trek fans here?

TC1474

Sounds like a step backwards just like Star Wars.

With special effects having moved forward from the last Star Trek seasons of Picard I think they should have moved forward with more imagination of what tech, worlds, creatures etc could have been around in the future after Picard.

Just my 2p

It could be worth a watch to see how it pans out though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope it turns a bit darker and grittier than the usual TV stuff. Oh and I still don't like Simon Pegg as Scotty in the films. he is the only wrong choice in the cast .

Didn't they try this with Enterprise? Except it was a prequel to the original Star Trek.

I liked it but it had a lot wrong with it. Star Trek has always been more like a chess game in space, and Star Wars like a rock concert in space.

Recently they've been trying to make Star Trek more like Star Wars which has killed it for many of the old fans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope too cheese for me. I am more Lexx or Farcsape type of guy :lol:

Farscape! I used to love that program. Jim Henson at his best, even better thsn the muppets (apart from Animal, no ones better than Animal!).

If it wasn't for Star Trek inspiring tech guys, we may never have had mobile smart phones like we do today and other tech. So a new series should push the boundaries and inspire.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk