suzuki gsx750f light replacements

daveyboy9274

Hi

I have just purchased a cheap gsx750f 1997 but would like to replace front indicators as they are awful orange lol.

Does anyone know if I have to remove fairings just to replace them.

Many thanks for any advice

If there's no access to the bolts up from the wheel arch then I'm afraid it will be side and front fairing off! You may be lucky and have an access panel

My indicator came loose on the Kwak and it was quite annoying how much stuff had to come off to get to it!

Davey I'm not technical either, but get yourself a Haynes manual and follow through the steps and you'll be amazed what you can do! :thumb:

Side fairings are a few screws/bolts either side, front should be connected around the instrument panel and then you'll just need to disconnect a few things to hopefully pull the front off! You also end up with a cool looking streetfighter when you're done :lol: :lol:

oh and I had to take the front air ducts off too but that's a nice easy bit :wink:

http://i.imgur.com/MJ9dVhN.jpg

The indicators are easy to get at by reaching down inside the fairing. Changing bulb is a 10 second job, few minutes for the indicator itself, small stubby screwdriver required to remove the cross-head screw(s).

I was thinking of changing the orange indicators to clear on my GSX600F but the cost put me off! £39.95 a pair.

Have you found cheaper?

The one complaint I had about my old GSXF was the lack of tarty up bits available for a decent price. I kept mine looking pretty standard apart from a double bubble screen and I colour coded (of sorts) the lower fairing. A Delkevic can was really the only non standard thing I fitted.

FB_IMG_1464810754975.thumb.jpg.8bc093c8f04e51a5db298baafb027a59.jpg