Bad garage experience

fq-craigus

Just watched a video on youtube by calmbiker where he says about his recent experience having some tyres fitted and the shocking service and workmanship.

Reminded me of a time i visited a garage.

I used to have a civic type r and took it to a garage i trusted one day in luton to have a blown resinator cut out and straight pipe welded in place.

As it was going to take a while i went to a local cafe for a fry up. After some time as im sitting by the window watching the world go by i heard a car going at it down the road (sounded nice) and so i waited for it to come past and to my horror i see my car go past the cafe (30mph limit) at im guessing 60+

Fuming i go back to the garage where i unleash hell as its me that will get a knock on the door if it was seen and reported or even captured by a speed camera.

Needless to say the job was free :) and i never went back again.

So what stories have you guys got of shocking service, crazy mistakes or arguments with garages ect

:shock: I would of been fuming!!

Not a bad experience as such but potential nightmare happened to me last year.

I took my Wifes old megane to be mot'd with plan being I would have it providing it didn't need much doing. Fast forward a few hours and the owner rang me up to say that unfortunately the handbrake had failed before they even got round to testing the car and it had rolled forward into another customers car :shock:

luckily it only travelled a few feet and left a couple of marks that their bodywork guy got rid of. Lesson learned I always leave my car in gear now, always!! :oops:

heard a car going at it down the road (sounded nice)

Most our customers insist beans are pushed as they want to hear it from the sidelines

I would doubt the person working on the car had a drivers licence, and would rather someone i trusted in a more apropriate enviroment if i wanted to hear it.

I would doubt the person working on the car had a drivers licence

:shock: and still took the car out?

We have a mile long drive for the race cars and country roads after

Borght a shit box saxo and it went in for a service/warrnty work. Tossers welded the rear brake adjusters up.

So i borght a set of spanners and socket set and ive never been in a garage since (except for mot).

Hey,

I don't trust garages or mechanics as far as I could throw them and i sure as hell aent paying there labour rates. Only go there at MOT time.

Not my car but my mums....went in for cam chain replacement. Came out with timing completely wrong and EML on due to a broken TPS.

My Sei....Quote for head gasket replacement...£400.....did it myself for £100 including Skim all belts and consumables and good quality gasket.

My Corsa....quote for water pump change...£300....cost me £75 including a good set of Torx bits.

Buy a Haynes manual/ join a forum, buy some tools and do it yourself.

IM