Can hot weather make forks leak?

nicklucey

Never happened to me......and I've been caught out in temps of up to 46c!

What did happen a couple of times on a Fazer was the ignition key got stuck in the barrel due to the metal expanding.

So wherever I went I couldn't leave the bike unattended.

Ah crap one of mine is a bit sketchy. I got new seals and picked up some second hand forks as it turned out a previous owner thought a vice and sharp things were the best tools for removing stuff :roll: but hoping the new seals hold up for a bit longer as I'm sure changing the forks will result in me swearing and probably cutting all my knuckles :(

Hoggs - there's a place in Luton called pitted forks that rechromes tubes and are apparently quite good.

I'm down to the brass on mine so will likely be sending them off when they start leaking. Maybe we can get a bulk discount. :-)

Is it worth having a go at doing the seals myself?

If you have the tools then why not

Even if you don't have the tools you can buy them cheaper than what it will cost to pay someone to do it

Hoggs - there's a place in Luton called pitted forks that rechromes tubes and are apparently quite good.

I'm down to the brass on mine so will likely be sending them off when they start leaking. Maybe we can get a bulk discount. :-)

Annoyingly my forks are in good condition chrome wise they are just very square in the places the knob head put them in the vice :evil: Picked up some shiny ones for 30 squid off ebay (guy had bought a banger Ninja, took the engine out... to put in his racing lawnmower! and was selling the rest of the parts!)

Do they just do forks?