What to do next - CBT and 125 or DAS and 600cc?

So decided last night that doing a DAS soon is the way to go (confirmation was when a gleaming R1 pulled up next to me this morning).

Haha. You've got it bad mate. You're hooked. :wink:

Really £1500? What year is that?

Tis a 2001 (x reg) had 15000 miles on the clock. Main reason it was cheapish was it has been dropped on both sides so the fairings all scuffed but I ride it every day in London so for my first bike a bit of superficial damage wasn't a bad thing! Not having the ARGH I HOPE I DON'T RUIN MY PERFECT BIKE voice when you're getting used to a new bike is quite nice :lol:

Ok, so MOD 1 training and test is now booked aswell (providing I pass theory of course, which I’ve moved to next Saturday).

Will be out on my bike this weekend as usual, usually I will stop somewhere quiet and practice manoeuvres, u turns, figure of eight etc. My question is is there any point me continuing this? I assume the difference between a 125 and 600 handing is huge. Just a thought..

Really excited about the training but also worried too, I made hard work of the CBT to be honest although in my defence I had never even touched a bike before that day. Covered over 1000 miles so feel as though ive come a long way since May. Initially was really worried about going out on my bike, riding to work etc but now I look forward to it.

Really £1500? What year is that?

Tis a 2001 (x reg) had 15000 miles on the clock. Main reason it was cheapish was it has been dropped on both sides so the fairings all scuffed but I ride it every day in London so for my first bike a bit of superficial damage wasn't a bad thing! Not having the ARGH I HOPE I DON'T RUIN MY PERFECT BIKE voice when you're getting used to a new bike is quite nice :lol:

Oh yes, definitely nothing too shiny for my first 'big' bike

Ok, so MOD 1 training and test is now booked aswell (providing I pass theory of course, which I’ve moved to next Saturday).

Will be out on my bike this weekend as usual, usually I will stop somewhere quiet and practice manoeuvres, u turns, figure of eight etc. My question is is there any point me continuing this? I assume the difference between a 125 and 600 handing is huge. Just a thought..

Yes, I'd've thought this would be useful. The handling is very different (600s can feel a bit intimidating at first, but they handle a lot easier). But you do the same thing with the controls: slip the clutch, revs slightly up, light trailing rear brake - that doesn't alter.

so was out again practicing u turns and figure 8's today but have a few questions I hope you can help me out with. I know it will be covered in my training but that is a couple of weeks away (theory test permitting) and two weeks = a lot of practicing time for me.

is the direction of the u turn on test always a right hand turn?

what is the width of the turn?

which gear do you perform the u turn in?

should I only be using the back brake to control speed and if so are you allowed to use front brake so come to a stop after you have finished the u turn?

1. Yes, In the uk we ride/drive on the left, so will always be doing a U turn to the right, in normal circumstances.

2. Something like 7-7.5m. It's a standard set for the test, doesn't vary.

3. 1st

4. Yes and yes. But make sure you're straight and upright before using and front brake.

Sent from my phone.