24 hours from hell

bmwdave

Need to have a moan and you lot got elected.

My mother -in -law is 83 now with lots of health problems, one of which requires her to self inject if a "crisis" occurs, except that she can no longer manage to do this herself, so we have to run round and do it. As a pharmacist, this always falls to me, and many of you may relish the prospect of sticking needles in your mother- in - law at regular intervals, but when the phone rings at 11.30pm and you get home at 1.30am after shes stable, it makes Tuesday a long day. Today wifey was on the phone to her mum when there was a knock at her mums door, so she put the phone down to answer it and my wife heard the fall and the scream. That was 4pm today, I got the call about 4.15. Broken femur mid-thigh, surgery tomorrow to pin it. Left hospital 9.15 picking up chippy on the way home. Knackered now, bed soon, wifey still phoning round family to keep them informed. Don't know whats going to happen at weekend as they'll probably kick her out by Thursday/Friday but she cant go home, wont be able to get upastairs to bed. She might end up here for 6 weeks. :shock: May go to sisters place but thats not ideal either, although they have bigger house and may be able to sort out a bed downstairs.

Must go to bed soon,but shes still on the phone!!!