Scala Rider headsets

Having had several years use out of our £60 a pair BT Bluetooth headsets with little to no problem I decided to and upgrade to something a bit more higher spec. So l jumped in a brought a set of Scala Rider Q3 headsets this system ticked all the boxes apart from the price, but as we use head sets all the time we thought we might as well get the best. These have been nothing but trouble, issues are random shutdowns vox system not working and failure to connect to our mobile phones, we never encountered any of this with the other units.

I've since been in touch with the scala help line and today got this reply

Thank you for contacting the Cardo Systems Support Center.

This sounds like an issue that we are aware of that exists with certain Nokia phones, which causes these types of problems with a variety of Bluetooth devices – not just scala rider products. Our software development team is investigating the issue to determine if this is a problem that can be resolved on our end or if this is a Nokia related problem. Unfortunately we are unable to provide any solutions at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Some of our customers have reported successful use with Nokia phones and the scala rider headsets by waiting to turn Bluetooth on from the Nokia phone after the headset is turned on and connected with any other devices.

As already said, we never had any issues like this with out cheap BT units. Fair play to Amerzon customer support who l might say have been brilliant, they have sent us a replace system on the pretext that this might be a faulty unit so we will wait and see. Anybody else encountered similar issues with these units?

I have the same units Chris and I have had no problems like this at all

I have mine paired to my phone and to sat nav and Tracey's is paired just to her phone

I have had the odd occasion that something goes wrong and I get no phone calls but this is running through the sat nav so not sure if its Q3 or Garmin at fault!

Although for the nokia issue I am afraid its true! I know people who have had nothing but trouble pairing nokias with headsets and sat navs

Nokia are notorious for being a bit of a tit with Bluetooth. I had one that worked fine most of the time and had real fits at other times with a Bluetooth kit for the car

Think it is Nokia at fault. I had a Nokia X6. would pair with the Bluetooth in my car but not with OH car. Checking the "issues" on the Fiat Bluetooth it listed most of the Nokia phones as either non compatible or restricted functionality.

Thanks guy's for the heads up regarding the Nokia phone Bluetooth issues, l find it strange that we never had any of the Scala issues with the BT sets maybe the Scala units are to clever-sensitive for there own good? Not had chance to try the replacement unit yet, but it seems that l'm not the only one with these issues.

https://support.sena.com/entries/54685620-Shuts-off-at-random" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edited by Chrissb6

This might also be the answer to the problem that l cannot pair the Nokia phone to the blue tooth system in the VW Touareg also Joy!! This phone is up for renewal soon anyway, any recommendations for a replacement?

If you are going for cheapness compared to power, Nexus 5X is a fantastic phone and can be bought for £265 out right Not sure about contracts, I've been sim only for the past 5-6 years.

There are many great android phones out there to suit any price range. I've (possibly stupidly) pre-ordered the Google Pixel. Should be collecting it on Friday. It looks fantastic, but I'm still not sure if it will be worth the price tag.

No problems here with my Scala Rider Q3, used on a tour of France/Spain this year. Connected fine and app worked with no issues. However I have the iphone 6s rather android but when I first bought it I still had my Sony Xperia Z3 (android) and my experience was the same on that phone.