So, What did you get for Christmas?

Tango

I got this. To be fair I did buy it for myself.

Is this the one ?

:thumb:

Rob posted his glee at getting this guitar discounted in the Black friday sales.. back in November.

http://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/thumbs3/gibson-les-paul-studio-50s-tribute-humbucker-satin-gold-top-dark-back-1169603.jpg

I've only started playing recently but can't wait until I can appreciate a guitar like that, looks gorgeous, I hope to have an LP one day, alongside a US Strat(which will probably be first) but for now I'm trying to get my head around chord progressions.

I've only started playing recently but can't wait until I can appreciate a guitar like that, looks gorgeous, I hope to have an LP one day, alongside a US Strat(which will probably be first) but for now I'm trying to get my head around chord progressions.

As long as you enjoy it that's all that matters. Nailing a favourite song or solo is a fantastic feeling. I've been playing for more than 30 years but am still learning every day.

As long as you enjoy it that's all that matters. Nailing a favourite song or solo is a fantastic feeling. I've been playing for more than 30 years but am still learning every day.

Nailing a solo feels a very long way off for me at the moment, but still really enjoying playing.

One thing I've always thought with guitars is Les Pauls always look great in Sunburst but it's a colour I don't think suits a Strat at all- they look great in white,black,red etc though.

Nailing a solo feels a very long way off for me at the moment, but still really enjoying playing.

One thing I've always thought with guitars is Les Pauls always look great in Sunburst but it's a colour I don't think suits a Strat at all- they look great in white,black,red etc though.

Strangely enough I have 2 Strats, one is Sunburst (!) and an all black one. I think Les Pauls look great in Sunburst too but have lusted after a Gold Top after seeing a certain guitar player play one live back in my younger days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDdZ0kqJO_8

:D

Strangely enough I have 2 Strats, one is Sunburst (!) and an all black one. I think Les Pauls look great in Sunburst too but have lusted after a Gold Top after seeing a certain guitar player play one live back in my younger days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDdZ0kqJO_8

:D

I think a worn out vintage Strat in sunburst looks good but when I've seen new ones they just don't look quite right to me, I've got a Squier at the moment which is black with a white pick guard and I like that, I think when I do finally splash out though on a good guitar my first one will be a Strat in Olympic white with a maple neck.

The Gold top Les Paul's do look great and the Black Beauty's do too but I think they cost a fortune?.

Jealous that you saw Slash live back in the day!, he's one of my favourite modern guitar players along with Dan Auerbach and John Frusciante but I've seen both of them live, I was thinking of going to see GnR next year but tickets are a lot.

Jealous that you saw Slash live back in the day!, he's one of my favourite modern guitar players along with Dan Auerbach and John Frusciante but I've seen both of them live, I was thinking of going to see GnR next year but tickets are a lot.

They're ridiculous prices these days. I am lucky but at an age that allowed me to see bands like GnR, Pearl Jam, Metallica, Motley Crue, Skid Row, Alice In Chains etc etc. Saying that if a ticket comes along at the right price for GnR next year, I'll be tempted.