Transmission issue rd350

Natebat5

There is plenty of clutch lever pull and I checked it before I put the clutch side cover on it wasn't slipping very much but I thought maybe when I put oil in it would help. It didn't. Also like I said at the very beginning before I tore my bike apart, the clutch was doing this exact thing. so not quite sure what is going on?

Ok here's some pics of the clutch plates. I've never looked at any other so I don't even know what to look for. Also the clutch boss moves freely in the clutch basket once I removed all the plates. Also are they supposed to be that dark? The edges of the plates also have a kind of rusty color to them.

IMG_0584.thumb.JPG.4ff542d7d0aaea54e6d88a868391742d.JPG

IMG_0585.thumb.JPG.aad7efe85c80a35ec68f404c1eafc8fd.JPG

IMG_0586.thumb.JPG.cb2a93ac5be56f8b4cedb0ef5bf82cfe.JPG

IMG_0589.thumb.JPG.26938cd8c43b7f1338a3c96a7581d25e.JPG

IMG_0590.thumb.JPG.c3ca6b6f90aca804e0d637093ebbc0d2.JPG

IMG_0591.thumb.JPG.6f26653fd59250c8c066b8a5b08ce2f8.JPG

Update: turns out this idiot at my local motorcycle shop gave me the wrong oil it's made for 2 strokes with SEPARATE wet clutches .... grrrr I spent $20 bucks on this oil they better give me a refund cuz I bought this on his word it's the best stuff for my bike :x anyway I guess this is good news because that means my clutch is fine I need to go to town and get some new oil then I can finally go riding!

And the oil fixed the clutch problem but guess what?!? I have a hole I have a hole... in my left piston :crybaby: my life sucks royally sucks right now.... I wonder what caused it? Timing being off? Maybe just because it's an old bike...

And the oil fixed the clutch problem but guess what?!? I have a hole I have a hole... in my left piston :crybaby: my life sucks royally sucks right now.... I wonder what caused it? Timing being off? Maybe just because it's an old bike...

so did the bike run and you blew a hole in the piston?

Welcome to the world of 2-strokes, mate........ :wink: Most likely running too lean or ignition timing out as EAB says.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually think it was a matter of lacking compression, because of an air leak from the magneto side crank seal. I found this article and I screenshoted the important part. I am going to have to wait to continue fixing the rd I'm going to buy my dads 2007 yamaha Fz6 ( got in a car accident several years ago and when I turn 18 I finally get the settlement money... then I can officially buy it), he doesn't ride it because is to painful of a position for him but it is perfect for me. Don't worry though I'm not giving up on the rd but it will be awhile before I have money and skills required and the patience to fix her up.

IMG_0597.thumb.PNG.f695aaf559d97c01b12c4231f10f0f52.PNG

IMG_0609.thumb.JPG.27d618403a37ce76411aa8a61e7ebc81.JPG