Transmission issue rd350

Natebat5

So today was take 2 of riding my bike on the open roads and of course I get screwed again! Ok so the bike started a real loud screech squeal when I was going about 55mph so I pulled over and had to have my dad pick me up we loaded the bike in his truck and brought it home. here's what I've done so far, I put the bike on it's center stand and when I spun the rear wheel it would make the bad sound so I think that rules the engine out, I removed the chain and spun the front sprocket it made the same sound so that rules the chain out, the sound seems to come from right behind the front sprocket and I looked in my service manual and there's a bearing back there is it possible the bearing just went bad and it needs to be replaced or is it something worse? Also pulling in the clutch makes no difference on the sound.

Edited by Natebat5

No the gearbox had oil but I was going to take a recording of the sound on my phone this morning but sure enough when I spin the front sprocket there's no longer any horrible sound so now even if I take the center case apart I won't know what part is wrong inside, I was following it by its sound now I have no way to identify the problem. This is getting very frustrating... I was using the manuals recommended oil which if I remember off hand is 10w 30 normal car motor oil, that's the recommendation. but of course there's newer fancier stuff now so should I maybe try gear oil? and if I do what weight? I've read around 75-80w works good, any tips?

So I haven't accomplished much I took the side covers off and I didn't see anything alarming yet also the sound went away so I went and got some yamalube 2 stroke gearbox oil and put that in it started it up and the sound was still there (obviously) anyway I did notice something. Normally on my bike before I had any problems, I could push my bike if it was in gear first, second, etc. as long as I had the clutch lever pulled in, last night when I went to push in back into the garage I decided to put it in first and pull the clutch in and push, it was barley easier than without the clutch pulled in. I don't know what that means but it's not the way it used to be. I can push it when it's in neutral, it feels normal, but before with my clutch in it would be just as easy as neutral. Also it makes the sound with the engine on in neutral, but it also make the sound with the bike off and spinning the sprocket when it's in neutral, so doesn't that mean it has to be a clutch related problem? Please help me out here guys.

Think you need an impact gun on it, is the case spinning when you try loosen it?

Part of the problem is the only thing I have that will fit Is a crescent wrench and the nut is very tight even in first gear with the rear brake jammed down it wouldn't come off, maybe I should try buying a socket wrench socket that's big enough for this nut... it's a very big nut and I don't have a socket that will fit

So I went on a hunch and I think the problem is on my main shaft or input shaft (whatever you wanna call it) so I know my clutch isn't disengaging properly so I removed all my clutch plates then I put the side cover back on filled it back up with oil and started the bike. Vroom it came to life no problem, well that's what I expected would happen so I think my problem is the same as this guys; http://www.2strokeworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=23286.0

Anyway I need to split my center case so I can see if it really is my input shaft, I believe that guy said his problem was on his input shaft and the 5th gear. Hopefully this doesn't get to expensive :?

So I split the cases today just finished actually, went fairly well I think. Anyway I think I need a break. I can't find the problem it doesn't make sound regularly. I think I'm going to replace everything that could be the problem. Here's some pictures.

IMG_0527.thumb.JPG.83dd9e4b4501457aa4d34929739f598b.JPG

IMG_0528.thumb.JPG.3e18d67052d5a3a624e3a3d8568b6243.JPG

IMG_0529.thumb.JPG.88777d4a70f161917f0924711fc0b36e.JPG

IMG_0530.thumb.JPG.7392affc58c9d5e64305c31455386c71.JPG

Yes! I found the problem! It's the second gear seems to have messed the shaft and itself up I haven't been able to remove it yet it's stuck. But this is great news now I can order new parts and get this puppy back on the road.

IMG_0532.thumb.JPG.af490b85e6e026c65e4184e3e711d8f7.JPG

IMG_0531.thumb.JPG.ed0f15fb3a7ecf67fcc76be59971a30a.JPG