Bullit Hunt 250cc won't fire

Mysteryman81

Hi all,

I recently posted about my bullit hunt 250 motorcycle where I had lost the keys.

I have since had the ignition barrel and new keys replaced and I thought that would be the last of my problems.

Well...

The bike will now not start! I have charged the battery, lights indicator brake lights all work fine. The start button turns over but the bike will not fire.

I read online that it could be to do with the stand switch but it won't fire even off the stand and I have tried disconnecting the cable and it still won't work.

I have tried the choke out and the reserve fuel switch turned on but it still won't fire.

I am sure it's going to be something very simple, the bike isn't only 6 months old and was working perfectly prior to my keys going missing but i assured by the auto locksmith that's its nothing to do with his fitting.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the issue could be?

Many thanks as always.

Andy

Spin the motor over and pull the spark plug and see if it's wet.......If it is, then the problem is probably the spark.....If it's dry, then the problem is likely to be carb/injection...... 8-)

Hi all,

I recently posted about my bullit hunt 250 motorcycle where I had lost the keys.

I have since had the ignition barrel and new keys replaced and I thought that would be the last of my problems.

Throw it back at the garage who "fixed" it and get them​ to sort the problem out.

• 1 month later...

Update,. The bullit hunt is fixed !

It was the stator that failed! Apparently when my lock was switched the locksmith must have connected the wrong wires together !

Needless to say I am seeking compensation!

Thanks for all your help.