Cordless Digital Compressor

I would want one of them examined.. on the inside to ensure that its safe to be transported under a bike seat fully charged subject to that level of vibration. The factory that makes them is fairly reputable (and modern) as chinese factories go... but I would want at least some reassurance. bearing in mind they knock them out at a rate of knots. looks like they produce an infinity of types at 1,000 per day. (The website gives 370 results) And where rechargeable li-ion batteries are concerned.. a lot hangs on quality control.

OK folks I have just given it a trial run. I totally deflated my rear tyre set the unit to 42psi and set it running, it took 9 minutes 10 seconds to fully inflate the tyre. It shut off when it reached the preset pressure. I checked the pressure with a calibrated PCL digital inflater and it was bang on 42psi the PCL measures tenths so I was pleasantly surprised with the accuracy. Although the air going in was warming up as we went on, so that would affect pressure and I will check it again later but it would certainly get you out of a fix. It didn't get overly hot in operation, the air tube was warm to the touch but not burning hot as some can be.

So it gets a big thumbs up from me.

OK folks I have just given it a trial run. I totally deflated my rear tyre set the unit to 42psi and set it running, it took 9 minutes 10 seconds to fully inflate the tyre. It shut off when it reached the preset pressure. I checked the pressure with a calibrated PCL digital inflater and it was bang on 42psi the PCL measures tenths so I was pleasantly surprised with the accuracy. Although the air going in was warming up as we went on, so that would affect pressure and I will check it again later but it would certainly get you out of a fix. It didn't get overly hot in operation, the air tube was warm to the touch but not burning hot as some can be.

So it gets a big thumbs up from me.

Nice one, I think I'm tempted to invest :cheers:

I am performing further tests. I'll get back to you.

Edit: I have just performed a further test after the first rear tyre inflation and deflated it again and this time the battery gave out at 10psi

But I am happy at that, if it can inflate one tyre from flat that'll do for me.

It was £33.99 and that was one of the cheapest on Ebay there are more expensive ones, I don't know if the more expensive ones have a more powerful battery.

• 4 months later...

I shelved it in favour of an Air Man compressor. It works but it will only pump up one back tyre with a bit left. I had it plugged in permanently under the seat, when a mate got a puncture I found the charging plug had come out so it was flat. I cured that by using some blue tak to secure it. I then thought the whole thing through again and went for the Air Man.

I shelved it in favour of an Air Man compressor. It works but it will only pump up one back tyre with a bit left. I had it plugged in permanently under the seat, when a mate got a puncture I found the charging plug had come out so it was flat. I cured that by using some blue tak to secure it. I then thought the whole thing through again and went for the Air Man.

Hi Rae is this the "AirMan A-001 Tour 52-074-011 Tyre Pump" plug in compressor you've bought?