1996 Honda CG125 naked do-over. Guidence needed!

Hello I'm Pigeon and i own a 1996(brazil model) Honda CG125, Im 17 and an amature mechanic.

i need help on a fiew things to do with changing the battery and air intake. so my plan is to remove the two plastic side planelto have it so the carb and the filter will be more visable but ive got two issues the battery is in the way and the air cleaning element is to big and ugly. so this is my plan, remove big and clunky air filter (freeing up lots of space) and replacing it with a cone filter. then remove the battery and housing and relokate the new smaller battery under the front of the seat where a large part of the clunky filter currently fits.

so i need help findinding a 6Volt battery that is smaller the the stock battery that comes with the bike (Yuaasa 6N6-3B).

And guidence in how the higher air flow filter will afect the mixture of the fuel mix and how to counter the effect.

i would leave photos but i dont know how lol.

Hello and welcome . I have restored eight GG125,s and one thing I can tell you is that trying to run without an airbox will bring nothing but trouble .

Just to make it clear, i only want to use the cone filter as astetics and not for performance. Would there be anyway of me restricting the air flow to the carb?

You can wrap tape around it I suppose . You might do better with a foam filter . The problem I always found was that the slightest variation in air pressure caused by the bike moving forward was enough to upset it . Even leaving off the little plastic shroud on top of the airbox will cause negative pressure which caused stuttering and hesitation over about 25 mph . But this is only my personal experience so with a bit of experimentation with jet sizes and mixture settings you might hit that sweet spot .