Strange gear behaviour

hardleydavidson

Guest Swagman

And if that doesn’t work then it may well be as Stu said, inside the cover there may well be a centralising spring that has come of or snapped. :thumb:

Ahem ! as mentioned by someone other than @Stu lol.

The spring shown on the parts diagram is inside the casing that the gear lever mechanism bolts to the outside of.

Cheers

Ian

Well spotted Ian my eyesight and memory are not what they were. :D :D :D

And if that doesn’t work then it may well be as Stu said, inside the cover there may well be a centralising spring that has come of or snapped. :thumb:

The spring shown on the parts diagram is inside the casing that the gear lever mechanism bolts to the outside of.

Cheers

Ian

Lol you are forgiven mate I am surprised you didn't blame it on your convalesance?

Cheers

Ian

Guest Swagman

Cheers

Ian

Lol you are forgiven mate I am surprised you didn't blame it on your convalesance?

Cheers

Ian

No I think I’ve milked that excuse had to come up with something new. :D

Hi Chaps

Well removed the clutch and the main gear to get to the selector both springs that attach to it look ok and in place, and when i move the selector arm manually it works and there's no play. Reassembled and refitted the selector lever, feels a bit better but i still need to push it up slightly in order to push down?

Plus now when I wheel it in neutral or when the using the clutch there's a weird click click click, no idea where that's coming from

Just a long shot and I am sure its not given you have been in and out of the clutch a few times.

The gearbox output shaft carry`s your final drive sprocket have you checked your chain is not overtightened?

I am sure it`s not but worth a look as sometimes the most simple things catch us all out.

Cheers

Ian