Mysterious clicking fazer 600 1999

Dean01982

4 minutes ago, Copycat73 said:

looks like a fuel pump.

Yeah I thought that but wasn't sure, should it click relatively loud? Can't say I have ever noticed it clicking before and been abl

e to feel the click on its casing.

Thanks for your reply 

13 hours ago, WD-40 said:

It's normal for that style pump to make a clicking noise when running. The clicking is the contact points opening and closing. Have a look on Youtube if you want to hear other ones running.

Thanks for the video mate, yeah mine is a regular loud click, weird enough today for the first time the bike started to stall when left idle, I was assuming it wasn't getting enough fuel, lifted the tank up and fired it up again and it was fine, put it back down and a few minutes later it stopped again, I was wondering if this could of been a trapped pipe underneath the tank? One pipe does look slightly kinked but not to dramatic, waited 5 minutes fired again and it's been running 10 mind without missing a beat. Still don't trust it. 

Thanks for your video.

Yeah could be a kinked fuel line or a blocked fuel filter or blocked fuel tap or kinked breather line. To check if it's the breather you could open the fill cap and listen if air rushes in when you open it or check does the bike run better with it open. If it does it's the breather that's the problem. Air has to be able to get into the tank when fuel is pumped out. If the air can't get in it restricts the flow of fuel. If it's not the breather you could disconnect the fuel line going to the carbs and put it into a bottle and turn the bike on and check if you're getting good flow out of the pump.