FOR SALE Rukka Armarone (TOP END) Motorcycle Jacket (size 46) BRAND NEW with TAGS

Hi Everyone,

I bought this very high end Rukka jacket from Germany, but it's slightly too small and due to Brexit they're no longer taking returns. So I'm knocking just over £100 off here - £790 down to £680, or nearest offer.

Free delivery within 15 miles of Frome, Somerset. Alternatively, collection in person or courier.

It is a brand new Rukka Armarone motorbike jacket, with tags, as i said, bought for £791.39 from Germany. This model is top of the range - close to the Nivala spec - and as yet unavailable on UK soil. 

Details:

Rukka Armarone Gore-Tex Motorcycle Textile Jacket

Thanks to cutting-edge technology, the Rukka Armarone sets new standards among functional riding suits for the most demanding dynamic motorcyclists.

Materials

100% breathable, wind- and waterproof Gore-Tex® Pro 3-layer laminated to abrasion and tear resistant Cordura shell fabric
Armacor strengthenings on elbows and shoulders, combination of high-tech fibers aramid and Cordura
soft neoprene in collar
Ventilation

ventilation openings with zipper and mesh inserts:

on back
on sides
Adjustability and Fit

width adjustment on upper and lower arm with snap fasteners
adjustable hem with velcros tightening
a crotch strap and a long connecting zipper for trousers
elastic parts on sides oft he jacket, on upper back and bend of arm
Pockets

two waterproof pockets outside with zipper
two waterproof pockets inside including a mobile phone pocket
one pocket in detachable inner thermo liner
Protectors

D3O® Air XTR shoulder and elbow protectors EN 1621-1 2012, Level 2
Rukka D3O® Air Allback protector, EN1621-2 2014
Comfort and Special Features

integrated waterproof, elastic ATS (=Anti Thief System) Gore-Tex Stretch collar which can be hidden in its pocket
detachable lining with 60g insulation
sleeve ends with zippers, velcro tightening and waterproof Gore-Tex® inner cuffs

Collection in person is preferred. UK Courier with protection for full value could be up to £35

11 hours ago, onesea said:

Does the warranty carry over to a new owner these days?

No. (unless you are wiling to tell a few little fibs.)

but...

Given current circumstances your question is effectively meaningless.

1. you need the original receipt.**

2. warranty claims can only be made through the original supplier. (in Germany)

personally, I wouldn't worry about the warranty - if the price is right. Rukka is generally very well made, with cutting edge materials... and the part thats most likely to go wrong.. if you are very unlucky. is the Goretex. and the warranty for that is 'eternal' and dealt with by Gore themselves - direct.

I would be happy buying 2nd hand. Rukka. with the usual provisos that everything works as it should. if the price is right.  And the price would have to be good, very good to tempt me to spend a large fraction of the brand new price for something that doesn't really come with the usual 5 year warranty. The high price of Rukka is as much about their 5 year warranty as it is about the design, materials and very high skills of the people who actually make them and then the people who check their work before they are packed.

"New - with tags" is much the same as buying 'grey market'.  I did that for my jacket a very long time ago.. I made a bet that the savings outweighed the loss of warranty - that I would more than likely never need, and I was lucky. Mine was top of the range and I saved about 30% buying from the grey market.. a 'non official dealer'.

** Im pretty sure the 5yr warranty depends on registering the garment within a certain period of purchase, 

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 1

Yes, the FC MOTO link is the same jacket, but, as they say "Net price plus shipping; you may be liable for taxes & duties in the destination country" I don't know how things are with Brexit, but you will for sure have to pay some import tax .

They've dropped the price, but I'm still offering it cheaper here, minus taxes, plus free delivery with 15 miles of Frome, or collection, or you can hire a courier.