First bike service/mot under me next week

dragolith

Yes you'll get ripped off by a main dealer!

As for the indepenant guy, they usually have more to loose, so in my opinion they tend to do a better job, but theres probably a lot of bad ones too.

Hmm, I was gonna go local, then was swayed to Honda...

Honda appeals because they will clean chain and sprockets, and do a valet too...although I havent asked this other guy yet. He did a good quick job for me on my 125, and repairing puncture on this bike...

I dont mind paying extra, if its going to be a more in depth service.

Guest philgale

i would go for honda if its got full honda service history, as it hasnt a honda service wont ad any value to the resale of the bike.....

go indy, you can always find someone to do a valet on the bike later, or do it yourself you lazy git :lol:

Phil...I would do, but I am not mechanically minded! If I removed the back wheel to clean things, I'd be f00ked to get it back on!

Trust me when I say, I am best off sticking to technology than mechanics!

It has got a full service history, but I dont think it was at Honda dealer.

So on that basis, has it lost value anyway? So I may as well do it locally? He's only down the road...

It would save me a longer trip too...and the hassle of lift home etc...

I always find big main dealers have a good mechanic thats in command of muppets. It's the muppets that tend to do the work. Where as a little independant guy has one decent mechanic and thats the guy who does the work!

I always find big main dealers have a good mechanic thats in command of muppets. It's the muppets that tend to do the work. Where as a little independant guy has one decent mechanic and thats the guy who does the work!

:stupid:

go local and get to know the guy too he will do a decent job and probably give you discount if you keep going back :)

Fair point :wink:

How likely is he to have the correct oil filter in stock etc? Should I buy those myself, or ask him to order in before I bring bike down?

Also, dont want to be too demanding, but I want the inside of the swingarm cleaning as well as the chain and sprockets...would he do this, or see it as being too much to ask?

Cheers Stu, will do tomorrow.

Lancaster Honda can go jump. Especially as they cocked up when I tried to buy my first CBR from them...in the end went to Blackpool and got one within a week. :roll:

Recent bad stealer service for me. Find an independant, preferably who deals in the machine you have..

Independant, parts as good as dealer. Labour atleast half. So even if it takes twice as long (which it wont), you'll have a better job done for the same money.

Me, i paid over £500 quid for my last service (after knocking it down by £200!!), and then they fitted the plug leads with long nose pliers. Damaged the core of the cable causing the bike to cut out at hard rpm. Denied all knowledge, till i took the parts back to them!

A cheap service last time around cost me a lot of money to correct the problems caused by the hairy muppet who knackered my bike up - and this wasn't a cheap do either, just cheaper than other places.

The next service is due in 2000 miles and will be done by a Honda main dealer - but one that has been recommended by the Police instructor who has told me to say I am there on his advice and can I have a play on a demo while I'm waiting please?

unless you need a dealer stamp for warrenty then local m8 :wink:

mot is just a case of taking it for only that and get local to fix anything

that needs for resit :wink:

Hmm, that means 2 trips and sorting 2 lifts home and there....

I'd rather just bite the bullet and have the lot done at one place.

might be a BIG bullet, you only need to book in for mot and it take 30-45

mins so you can wait :wink: but if you say to dealer put through then

THEY WILL fleese you m8 :wink:

I do bike repairs and services and mot and i work for my self, looking at some of the prices honda charge they are riping people off left right and center.

My prices.....service on 600cc....£85

mot, any bike........£17

cleaning................that depends on how groty the bike is but i would do it, but this is no good to you coz am miles away....sorry.

Local fela will get it right coz he needs your custom and defo needs you to use him again.

But i know there are those that take the monny and run.