How safe is your helmet??

Guest mattyuk49

I don't know about these tests, there has been a lot of fair criticism from manufacturers. i know manufacturers spend a fai bit on testing probably way mare then sharp. I also know that Shinya canned it at over 200 mph and walked away.

I reckon the top manufacturers know a bit more about the real world then sharp. Don't forget the to players have been taking crashed lids back for a look see for a long time and I find it hard to believe arai or Shoie etc... would have got it wrong.

That doesn't mean the cheaper helmets are not going to be safe I am just unsure of the sharp tests being quite dismissive of some makes.

If you produce a product that a couple of basic failures in manufacturing could have you sued into bankruptcy I believe you would be pretty attentive.

I don't believe that what the stars wear means any thing more then a paint job. But... nor would they race in something they didn't think was going to save them.

Guest nastro azzurro

3* for My K-Series AGV....... :oops:

Not good really is it. But like Phil, I gotta admit to not having alot to protect up there....... :wink:

Well you do have a point PPF but helmets look way cooler than bobble hats.................................most of em :wink:

there's nothing uncool about bobble hats :?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Hippy Chick

mines not on there, its a KBC anyone know where these are rated??? tbh it feels good and fitted the best in the shop surely that counts ....... :?

mines not on there either, but im not surprised at the results, or arai's responce to it all.

mind you, i dont think we are going to see Rossi start wearing a RST Cobravent now are we.... even though i think that would be a laugh to see, moto GP budget stylee :D

Looked on there for you but AGV Stealth dont seem to be on there? :?

My helmet got 4 stars :D

One thing im after knowing though is how the star rating works.

Matty

The problem I have is that most of the nice n tasty helmets do not fit my head...

AGV don't go big enough..

Had a ROOF but not much padding over polystyrene...

ARAI - Wrong shaped head... Dont like em either...

At present I have an XR1000 Shoei and it fits like a glove....

Its like putting your head in a pillow stuffed with squirrels....

I can't get the site up at work, security block.. But I have an AGV Stealth if anyone wants to check it for me...

I have got the AGV stealth, and it aint on the list but........

I think it has the same spec as the s4 which has 5 stars :D

Both look the same in actual design and both are a fiberglass kevlar composite helmet :D

At present I have an XR1000 Shoei and it fits like a glove....

Its like putting your head in a pillow stuffed with squirrels....

:lol: Nice analogy :lol:

I have the same lid too 8)

I can't get the site up at work, security block.. But I have an AGV Stealth if anyone wants to check it for me...

I have got the AGV stealth, and it aint on the list but........

I think it has the same spec as the s4 which has 5 stars :D

Both look the same in actual design and both are a fiberglass kevlar composite helmet :D

Cheers.

Arai arent happy with the testing.When a rider hits the floor his shoulder hits first followed by the head.The sharp test doesnt simulate real crash testing,so what was the point of it?.Areas tested on the helmets(around the side edge)are virtually impossible to hit.

I still trust my Arai.