Fair to middling rider

Bender

I've been green laning for a few years now and it still amazes me what some of these guys can do on an enduro bike!  They obviously have the ability to flick off that "fear of dying" switch off.

Edited by manxie49
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, manxie49 said:

I've been green laning for a few years now and it still amazes me what some of these guys can do on an enduro bike!  They obviously have the ability to flick off that "fear of dying" switch off.

I can remember my father commenting of the skill level of the typical professional footballer. He claimed that they shouldn’t make so many errors. He used circus performers as an example as said that they practise, practise and practise again until the chance of error is as near to zero as possible. I imagine these riders are the same, they are rarely out of their comfort zone and their comfort zone is a quite different place to where the rest of us live. 

• Like 2

Anyone who does "extreme" sports falls into that category I think. I ski, competently but wouldn't dream of venturing into extreme skiing as I'd be very quickly dead. You can look at videos of guys basically skiing an avalanche on an insanely steep slope. Or guys who deliberately seek out the most steep high waves to surf. Awesome to watch but you can't help but think missing a bit in the self preservation thing.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Anyone who does "extreme" sports falls into that category I think. I ski, competently but wouldn't dream of venturing into extreme skiing as I'd be very quickly dead. You can look at videos of guys basically skiing an avalanche on an insanely steep slope. Or guys who deliberately seek out the most steep high waves to surf. Awesome to watch but you can't help but think missing a bit in the self preservation thing.

I agree, I paraglide but I like to think I do it as safely as possible.  You then go to the next level of acro paragliding and you wonder where their lack of self preservation comes from!  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, manxie49 said:

I agree, I paraglide but I like to think I do it as safely as possible.  You then go to the next level of acro paragliding and you wonder where their lack of self preservation comes from!  

Like the guys who move on to wing suits and launch themselves off mountains. 

• Like 1