Get Adventure-Ready With Denali’s DialDim Lighting Controller

Admin

8 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

I would question the legality of this on the street or in some countries in Europe for a start !

Cheers

Ian

Its just a variation on what has been sold in this and other countries for years, with added control rather than on/off and various preset levels of brightness. as well as a few other clever little additions, like the lights will strobe when you use the horn. or when you want to. I remember that @Bungleaio had that feature on his bike last year. Its TUV approved so the Germans are fine with it and as with any auxiliary lights the MOT dont care.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

Its just a variation on what has been sold in this and other countries for years, with added control rather than on/off and various preset levels of brightness. as well as a few other clever little additions, like the lights will strobe when you use the horn. or when you want to. I remember that @Bungleaio had that feature on his bike last year. Its TUV approved so the Germans are fine with it and as with any auxiliary lights the MOT dont care.

Exactly, my denali lights can be dimmed by using the standard bmw whiz wheel thing. It's all connected up via a denali cansmart which uses the canbus system to tell the lights what the bike is doing etc so the lights can react accordingly.

3 minutes ago, Bungleaio said:

Exactly, my denali lights can be dimmed by using the standard bmw whiz wheel thing. It's all connected up via a denali cansmart which uses the canbus system to tell the lights what the bike is doing etc so the lights can react accordingly.

I was quite taken by the way they worked on your bike, I dont ride much (if at all) at night so extra lights aren't a priority. Though I have been thinking about a pair of DRLs, maybe the smaller S4 variant. rather than the much larger D4s which are overkill for my type of riding.

10 hours ago, Gerontious said:

I was quite taken by the way they worked on your bike, I dont ride much (if at all) at night so extra lights aren't a priority. Though I have been thinking about a pair of DRLs, maybe the smaller S4 variant. rather than the much larger D4s which are overkill for my type of riding.

I don’t ride at night either but I wanted to add the can smart to give switched a switched live for the cameras and also the better horn. I thought I might aswell add the lights seeing as I was taking the bike apart to install it. 

A bike thing sells the full kit for your bike https://www.abikething.com/product/denali-s4-bundle-honda-crf1100l-africa-twin-adventure-sports-18-22/

30 minutes ago, Bungleaio said:

I don’t ride at night either but I wanted to add the can smart to give switched a switched live for the cameras and also the better horn. I thought I might aswell add the lights seeing as I was taking the bike apart to install it. 

A bike thing sells the full kit for your bike https://www.abikething.com/product/denali-s4-bundle-honda-crf1100l-africa-twin-adventure-sports-18-22/

That’s not my bike. (I have the 1000) but I can get a plug and play kit from rugged roads, and that allows for the lights, when in use, to show up on the instruments. When I can justify the cost I’ll go for that. It’s a little over £300

on my bike I can have full power when on full beam. 50% on dip or off. I would need this gadget if I wanted more versatility. I’ll have a think about it later in the year. Loan for the bike will be paid off by the end of the summer.

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 1