making my 125cc test ready

slugworth1987

hello all

my bike (Suzuki EN 125-2A) is stuck at 95KPH acording to my book but i can get it to 120kph when on the A1 down hill but on a normal road its hard work lol now on my test i need to be able to do 100kph.

so the question come into play.. what shall i do to give me this little bit more on my 4stroke 125cc.

on my todo list is:

sort rubbing front break out

sort out electrical problem on back light by chaning the - earth wire...

fix 1st gear indicator light

clean out exhaust system...

buy a K&N filter? or will that make more noise than power?

i only have a 5 speed gear box and a CDI unit so i cant tune or remap the engine in anyway that i know of.

if anyone has any ideas to make this bke faster please tell me its just for my test then it will be meeting the suzuki dealership for a newer bigger bike :-)

Can I ask...why do u have to do 100kph on your test?? I didnt go more than 40mph (dual carriageway in hull).. I thought u only had to do faster riding for your DAS??

Minimum test vehicle requirements for motorcycles

If your motorcycle is less than 75 cc it is not acceptable for the practical motorcycle test. If you pass your practical test on a motorcycle with automatic or semi-automatic transmission, this will be recorded on your licence. Your full licence entitlement will be restricted to motorcycles in this category.

A light motorcycle (category A1) is defined as a solo motorcycle between 75 and 125 cc, with a power output not exceeding 11 kilowatts (kW) (maximum 14.6 brake horse power (bhp)). Please see note 1.

A standard motorcycle (category A) is defined as a solo motorcycle between 121 and 125 cc, capable of exceeding 100 km/h (62.1mph). Please note that the BMW C1 motorcycle is not a suitable machine for a practical test. Please see note 2.

http://direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Learne ... DG_4022723

thats why :-(

Guest nastro azzurro
With a list like that, I'd just hire one on the day

:stupid:

You don't wanna be breaking down half-way round....... :oops:

Minimum test vehicle requirements for motorcycles

If your motorcycle is less than 75 cc it is not acceptable for the practical motorcycle test. If you pass your practical test on a motorcycle with automatic or semi-automatic transmission, this will be recorded on your licence. Your full licence entitlement will be restricted to motorcycles in this category.

A light motorcycle (category A1) is defined as a solo motorcycle between 75 and 125 cc, with a power output not exceeding 11 kilowatts (kW) (maximum 14.6 brake horse power (bhp)). Please see note 1.

A standard motorcycle (category A) is defined as a solo motorcycle between 121 and 125 cc, capable of exceeding 100 km/h (62.1mph). Please note that the BMW C1 motorcycle is not a suitable machine for a practical test. Please see note 2.

http://direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Learne ... DG_4022723

thats why :-(

And u reckon theyre gonna check?

Well its 3mph difference..... and unless theyre gonna have u going through a speed trap, which they dont.... I cant see it being a problem. Like I said.... on my test.... I didnt go above 40mph :)

Guest nastro azzurro
Well its 3mph difference..... and unless theyre gonna have u going through a speed trap, which they dont.... I cant see it being a problem. Like I said.... on my test.... I didnt go above 40mph :)

Can't remember going over 50 on my DAS. That were in Hull.

Fastest i went though was on way back to RSJ when ad passed...... :lol:

i would hire a bike

the examiner should be up to date with his bikes and know which bikes are ok for test from the factory

they only go for factory specs

and if its not as factory your insurance will be void unless you state what modifications you have done to get the extra ooompphhh :?

and with a void insurance you cant do your test :wink: