Down to one bike

Steve_M

The buyer for my VFR collected it today. A sad moment. Having  bought it in 2002 it’s been used to tour (photo in the Pyrenees), commute, skills training and track days. 

On the other hand, the new owner will refresh it and get it back on the road, which is pleasing.

B2A7B780-5F57-478A-ACC2-50CC6D612D60.jpeg

Edited by Steve_M
  • Like 5

It was for the best. The new owner has the time and skills to fettle it and get it back on the road. I have neither. Slightly sad to see it go given how much I’ve enjoyed owning it.

I was actually more sad when I sold my ST1100 ‘cos on that occasion the guy actually rode it away from the house. At least this time it went on a trailer. 

It's funny how we get attachments to these mechanical devices. But like you said it's more than the machine itself, it's the memories it helps to create.

You did the right thing though.

I still look occasionally for one of my old bikes. And my mate keeps looking for his 250 he brought after passing his test. Mine has not been through an MOT for years.

My mates has changed colour and halved the mileage!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bud said:

It's funny how we get attachments to these mechanical devices. But like you said it's more than the machine itself, it's the memories it helps to create.

You did the right thing though.

I still look occasionally for one of my old bikes. And my mate keeps looking for his 250 he brought after passing his test. Mine has not been through an MOT for years.

My mates has changed colour and halved the mileage!

After my divorce I started looking for a car for myself. I spotted our old 1.6l Peugeot 205GTi in a garage. At a decent price. Knowing it’s history I was tempted so went and had a look. The  interior had been changed to a scruffy 1.9l interior (the interior was immaculate when we sold it two years previously)  and numerous little dents and poorly painted scratches had appeared. Then I spotted the mileage. It must have been reversed quite a lot as the mileage was about a thousand less than we sold it. 

• Like 1