New Bike ideas.

toothadash

Hi guys and girls.

I am looking at a new bike just to ride to work and back on the dual carriageway and only looking at a 50cc on my car vehicle licence.

My journey is only 7 miles each way so makes sense than forking out on a second car and the expense of petrol prices.

I am short so wont be looking at a large bike and so far like the look of the following:

- Bullit heritage 50 (looked at the Hero but seat height to high for me lol)

- Wk Colt 50

Also loved the look of the Super Soco tc but its 1k more than the above mention.

Advice and criticisms within reason welcome 😀

If I had to choose one of the bikes you mentioned it would be the Bullet Heritage 50 because it is a replica of a Honda DAX from 1969 and it looks great . However , I would also agree with everyone else who has advised you to pass CBT and get a 125 . Riding a 50 on a Dual Carriageway in peak traffic times is dicing with death . Sooner or later a car is going to try to overtake you while another car is overtaking them . Then you've got the dark evenings to consider when  riding a 50 would be almost suicidal . 

I totally agree with the advice to do your CBT and get a 125. Anything outside 30mph areas and riding a 50cc is frankly dangerous.

The next question then is which 125, for which the besy advice is to buy anything from one of the main Japanese manufacturers. A second hand Japanese 125 will be reliable, hold its value, be easier to get spares for. If you decide to do your test and go for something bigger then you'll get your money back if you look after it.