How tight should a jacket be? (Cordura textile)

i purchased a cordura textile jacket from ebay, stated the size was 48" (i am 46")

cool i thought, got it for a bargain price, full armour which removable aswell, inner liner, waterproof etc

it arrived today and i tried it on and it JUST fits me, and i mean got to breath in a little to zip it up, but once it zipped it feels ok, kinda a little tight though, arms are ok fit.

now ive not got my bike yet nor have i worn a biker jacket before.

is this how it is supposed to be? i'd like it a little loose, but im not sure in the interest of safety if im supposed to have it loose or as tight as possible.

with it being as tight as it is, i can only wear a tshirt under the jacket, is this what most of you wear aswell?

with a tshirt on i measure exact 46" across my chest.

any ideas?

thanks!

i purchased a cordura textile jacket from ebay, stated the size was 48" (i am 46")

cool i thought, got it for a bargain price, full armour which removable aswell, inner liner, waterproof etc

it arrived today and i tried it on and it JUST fits me, and i mean got to breath in a little to zip it up, but once it zipped it feels ok, kinda a little tight though, arms are ok fit.

now ive not got my bike yet nor have i worn a biker jacket before.

is this how it is supposed to be? i'd like it a little loose, but im not sure in the interest of safety if im supposed to have it loose or as tight as possible.

with it being as tight as it is, i can only wear a tshirt under the jacket, is this what most of you wear aswell?

with a tshirt on i measure exact 46" across my chest.

any ideas?

thanks!

id say if you have to breathe in to zip it up then you need the next size up. if it was a leather jacket then it would be perfect

I tend to like a tighter fit on my leather jacket than my textile one. I tend to use my textile mainly in winter and and usually wearing a few extra layers (actually look like michelin man :lol: ). It's true that you want the armour to stay in place but it all depends on how you're going to use it.

It you will use the clothing during winter too then you'll need a bit of extra space.

Guest Rossi_Fan

My leathers are tight enough that I don't look like the fat ba$£*rd I really am! Back protector helps pull it all in too.