Leather Jackets

I know this was done recently but couldnt find it. Im gona get a cheapo leather jacket from ebay and want ppls opinions who have bought many kinds.

Im 6ft 13 stone just measured 41inch chest quite large shoulders arms. I tried on my dads 50inch jacket and it was quite roomy and clearly looked too broad and just well...like when your dad lets you borrow his suit jacket!. I want the jacket to be tightish cos thats how the shud look. Was thinking maybe a 43-46 range, what you guys think?

Also im a 34inch waist in jeans and a bit of belt so im gona go for 34-36 leathers and/or large textile trousers

this sound right?

Andy

You should try them on first, they should be skin tight when you buy them and they will give a bit after a while.

Hein Gericke are doing an offer at the moment (might end soon) where you buy one of the jackets on offer and get the trousers for free. That's what I did. :D

You should try them on first, they should be skin tight when you buy them and they will give a bit after a while.

some dont give :oops: I had to loose a bit of weight to get comfy in my suit after expecting it to stretch a bit and it didnt :lol:

i went to Hein Gerricke

tried a few of the Leather jackets on, i found that i had to choose the exact chest size to get a good fit

so your looking at a size 41.

defo do not buy from the net until you have been in store to try them on

all brands have different sizing conventions. Try in store and buy the same jacket on ebay if you wish.

i ended up not getting the leathers as i cant stand tight clothing!

The only advice I would give is buy some you have tried on!

As stated sizes really are only a guide as i found i bought a jacket that fits fine even tho the size marked is same as another that was too small!

Both Hein gericke!

Also with hein gericke you can mix and match as the zips do fit together.

is that the sat or sun? any1 fancy going im not far from it

i went into heine greike (spelling) today they got a great array of stuff but its MILES above ebay in prices. I found the jackets really tight and uncomfortable but I think thats because they are stiff and need wearing in. From what the guy told me you need your exact size cos then it wears out a bit. Personally i might go for one chest size up. Theres some offer on u can get there classic jacket and trousers for about 160quid nt bad. Then again u can get a jacket on ebay for 20quid :S

i went into heine greike (spelling) today they got a great array of stuff but its MILES above ebay in prices. I found the jackets really tight and uncomfortable but I think thats because they are stiff and need wearing in. From what the guy told me you need your exact size cos then it wears out a bit. Personally i might go for one chest size up. Theres some offer on u can get there classic jacket and trousers for about 160quid nt bad. Then again u can get a jacket on ebay for 20quid :S

You get what you pay for...

I got my jacket and pants from hein geriche (well i got all my gear from them!) and was fitted by them.

They were tight, but not uncomforatbly so - but now they have suppled up and are very comfy.

I got my lid, gloves, boots and their leathers.

Got them down to £650 for the lot, which I was happy with, they also included a leather care kit and some socks!

Their jackets and trousers (well mine do) have all the armour built into it, including a back protector, these can add upto a bit on their own.

Yeah i did.

I work on buying things to last 3 years, so i normally spend a bit more.

£650 odd in 3 years is only £4 a week ish, which is not a lot for peace of mind.

They do 0% interest for 10 months (is it 10?) and a loyalty card - might these help?

If that query is about Llangollen it's on Sat & Sun,,, See post in Bike events,, a few all ready going, hope to get there myself