Datatool Fortress 1 Ground Anchor - anyone used/got one?

Made space in my garage for my bike and now i need some sort of anchor device.

i have solid 12" of concrete in the garage so i would require some sort of drill in type anchor. The only one i could find that was thatcham approved was the Datatool Fortress 1:

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/997/fortress11picmv2.jpg

has anyone used one before? what are they like? is there any better ones then this that drill in, instead of concrete fill?

for the time being i will be using a Oxford Hardcore chain until i get funds to buy a better chain.

Any advice, much appreciated!

thanks

edit: doh! wrong section, mods can you move this to the Bike Chat please?

Edited by bigup

Guest philgale

not used one, but do intend to get a ground anchor,

dont tell your insurance company you got one tho, as if you forget to use it one day and your bike gets stolen they wont pay out

best bet tell is to keep quiet about it and use it anyway....

heheh

told insurance company that the bike has NO security and is parked off road at my property. Insurance increase from locked garage to off road was only £19 extra so thought why not - with bennets

in reality, it will have a Motrax Vishas disc lock, oxford hardcore chain+lock and is stored in a locked garage :)

and need a anchor for good measure! first bike and all so security has to be OTT

going to check prices on this anchor, see who has the cheapest

Guest philgale

there are other ones that are "sold secure" not much point spending extra on a thatcham one if your not telling insurance company

any other will do the job, in other words will put off/slow thieving scum down

there are other ones that are "sold secure" not much point spending extra on a thatcham one if your not telling insurance company

any other will do the job, in other words will put off/slow thieving scum down

ace, il look into them now :)

Guest philgale

last time i was in hein-gericke they had a few, or J&S in northwich thats not too far...

the kwak shop in bredbury will sell them too, they just re-furbished the upstairs bit and stocked it up really well