Looking after leathers

Urad - a dubbin type stuff they flog at bike shows etc., it's cracking stuff, does my shoes, boots, leathers and even the kitchen worktop to hide the scratches from the landlord :twisted:

use a product to clean first to get rid of bugs and dirt.

Then use a leather feeder to put the oils back into the leather.

If they arent dirty still use the feeder at least every 3 months to keep the leather supple,stops them from cracking and keeps them at their safest.

Mine have an inner lining that can be removed for cleaning.

:lol: dont boil wash :lol:

OK here is my routine:

Clean the leather with a good quality leather cleaner such as Nikwax leather cleaner (outstanding stuff).

Then I use Auto-Glym leather care to feed the leather.

As for inside if you can, get leathers with a removable lining so you can wash it, if not there are some internal sanitisers available but I have never used them.

Use Autoglym cleaner and protector. Worth it in my eyes.

For the insides I tend to wash the bits that can be, a clean slightly damp cloth for the bits that won't go in the washer, then a good place to let the insides dry out quickly!!

Oh, a bit of fabreeze keeps them going for ages!!

One last thing. If you don't protect your leathers they go brittle. In a fast off you may as well not be wearing them. They will just fall apart!!

As I said I use Autoglym protector. I only use it about once every 2 months although you can use it less.... The bottle says twice a year, more if you the leather goes through extreme conditions.

Guest captain howdy

I use a leather feed from speedsport in Hull

I also use it onmy sofa goto any big store Asda homebase etc and ya can get leather wet wipes similar to baby wipes good for working into the seams,

fabreeze on the inside

and i always hang my leathers on a coat hanger with the zip undone

if its been pissing down I hang em out side (once it's stopped )

I have a pair of leather trousers that I bought in 1986 (OK, my son now wears them) but they have seen only an occasional rub down with leather oil. To be honest they are about shot, but I don't think I could get that sort of quality these days.

Cant say I have really cleaned mine. Got a good coating of flies on the top half and gravelrash on the bottom :D

Got sliders nicely ground in too :wink:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o241/neil964_photos/299.jpg

One more q, what's the best way to dry them out if you've been caught in the rain? I'd be concious of putting them near any heat in case the leather cracks/goes dry and brittle, but at the same time don't want them rotting/going mouldy!

Anyone :?:

if not there are some internal sanitisers available but I have never used them.

Phew! Whiffy! :puke:

I got removable lining :roll: and use EDZ undersuit

One more q, what's the best way to dry them out if you've been caught in the rain? I'd be concious of putting them near any heat in case the leather cracks/goes dry and brittle, but at the same time don't want them rotting/going mouldy!

Anyone :?:

What korbs said :lol: