Cheap Jackets?

Guest MNO

I need a jacket, pref textile and breathable and not the 3/4 length ones that seem to be everywhere.

Could anyone recommend a decent type/place to get one?

I was thinking maybe its best to just wait until the BMF Tail End show (which is literally 2 minutes down the road from me) and get something there?

I've looked around and the only ones I can find that I seem to remotely like end up being like £150, I don't want to spend that much on one :)

Cheers in advance for any help.

is that waterproof?

yes 100% Waterproof/windproof

has knox armor, has a detachable liner, has zip for back protector.

for the money it is pretty good.

Looking for some cheap reliable stuff for a lady friend of mine at the moment. Can you get trousers that attach to the jacket?

CHEAPSKATE! so am I

Looking for some cheap reliable stuff for a lady friend of mine at the moment. Can you get trousers that attach to the jacket?

CHEAPSKATE! so am I

I agree mate. Thing is she is new in my life. If she is still around in a years time then I will be buying her the good stuff. She ain't walking away with a £1000 of bike gear in a couple of months if it don't work out between us!! :shock: :shock:

My thoughts entirely - I am buying her an entry-level helmet for her birthday so we can get out and about, but the rest will have to follow on at a more leisurely pace, besides which she earns about 3x as much as me so she can buy her own!

My thoughts entirely - I am buying her an entry-level helmet for her birthday so we can get out and about, but the rest will have to follow on at a more leisurely pace, besides which she earns about 3x as much as me so she can buy her own!

Just what the hell are you doing buying my new lady a helmet for her birthday. You keep your mits off her!!!! :D :D

Not your wummun, My wummun ya numpty :roll:

Hehehe

Sounds like you have found yourself a good woman there. Earns 3x more than you!! Everyone's a winner!!

*That last speech brought to you by Mr Shallow bast*rd. One of the lesser known Mr Men from the childrens books!!*

You can indeed - called Akito Desert

Brilliant mate. A bit more expensive, but good stuff. Tempted to get the waterproof gear for myself as well.

I need a jacket, pref textile and breathable and not the 3/4 length ones that seem to be everywhere.

Whilst the shorter one are nicer looking, the 3/4 ones are better as the water doesn't get into the join (even zipped) between the pants and jacket so easily.

I have been there!!

• 1 month later...

Akito from ebay, sold by ukgoodsdeals - £39.99

I have got one and trousers £19.99 - these are brill - waterproof really. Trousers have a zip strip which you can sow to your jacket and they will be detachable from it!

They will combine delivery cost.

Had to spray the jacket to waterproof it but I think will need an overall rain suit anyway. The jacket has vents which let in water eventually. it is ok for my 20mins rides to work even in the rain. I really like my gear - and the price especially :)