Deluxe Love Handles

Just though people might be interested in these. I know especially you peeps that take your kids out. Looking to buy some for the sake of my soon to be pillion friend.

Found the latest version. Think they are very clever.

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/product_images/motrax_deluxe_lovehandles_1.jpg

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcy ... prod/30769

I don't think they're as good as they could be. The comfort bit would need to be at the front of the rider to be of any use, which is a bad idea because thats where the fastenings are. I use love handles for my pillions and find then to be great, but on the odd occasion I've fastened them, I havent pushed the clip in enough but you still hear the click and so think they're secure. Luckily I wear them backwards so if the clip does come unfastened its only under braking and the pillion falls into me.

Infact looking at that picture, it looks like if one of the clips snapped or wasn't fastened properly, regardless if it was worn backwards that thing would completely fail!

Edited by Voodoo

think they are good for kids but a good pillion should brace on the tank underbraking, if your goin hard even a small pillion can weigh a heck of a lot.

each to their own though ;)

Well spotted there Rennie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Korben who be this then eh ???????????

Me would not take me lad as far as i do if not for the love handles i got as i dont think he could hold on enough at the mo, plus i can feel him move on the bike so is a constant reminder to keep of the wrist

The comfort bit would need to be at the front of the rider to be of any use, which is a bad idea because thats where the fastenings are.

the comfort bit is worn at the front, and the way it has been designed means that the fastenings arnt put under pressure, that is taken by the comfort part

I don't think they're as good as they could be. The comfort bit would need to be at the front of the rider to be of any use, which is a bad idea because thats where the fastenings are. I use love handles for my pillions and find then to be great, but on the odd occasion I've fastened them, I havent pushed the clip in enough but you still hear the click and so think they're secure. Luckily I wear them backwards so if the clip does come unfastened its only under braking and the pillion falls into me.

Infact looking at that picture, it looks like if one of the clips snapped or wasn't fastened properly, regardless if it was worn backwards that thing would completely fail!

I agree Voodoo. These ones are designed to be worn on the front or back. Whichever is preferable.

:lol: oh yes korben!, this soon to be pillion!, we need more info! :lol:

A woman I have met. Nothing really happening at the moment. Things are having to move very slowly for reasons I won't go into for the sake of her privacy. She is a friends work colleague. Nice girl..... Not expecting anything from it, but it would be nice if it were to. She would fit in well with the rest of the women on here as well. Another 5 foot nothing!! :roll: :lol: :lol:

:lol: good for you steve, don't think about anything else just enjoy each other's company when you can and see what develops :wink: :lol:

Exactly mate. She seems to have a bit of interest in the bike so I want to take her out on it some time.

Just need to get gear sorted out now.. Anyone got any gloves or boots going free then all help is welcome!!! Yes.... I am a cheeky sod, but if you don't ask, you don't get!!

Reckon she is about a size 4 boot, and has ickle hands

Does any1 find side grab rails worse than ones behind the pillions back. I say this as my bro has been on my ninja and my dad zzr and he finds it easier to brace and cope with acceleration with hands behind back leaning forward than on mine where his hands are more at his sides.

Does any1 find side grab rails worse than ones behind the pillions back. I say this as my bro has been on my ninja and my dad zzr and he finds it easier to brace and cope with acceleration with hands behind back leaning forward than on mine where his hands are more at his sides.

a little test for you to try for yourself sit on the floor with your hands beside your thighs flat on the floor and lean back ....

Now try it with one hand behind you flat on the floor .. which one do you move the most with ?

So i think most people would have a problem with side rails as it is the way the human body is designed to cope with momentum