Outdoor Storage…..

Troy

My Dad owns a Kawasaki 650 Versys with top box and side panniers.

He has to park his bike at a location for roughly 3 to 6 weeks at a time before riding it again due to the nature of his job (coach driving). 

He has so far been using just a large sheet of tarpaulin and wrapping it tightly around the bike using carabiner clips and straps. He feels that it’s not working as efficiently as he had hoped…

He is now looking for a better cover or an alternative method of storage. Ideally, a good portable cover. He is happy to invest in something decent as long as it does the job. 

I have recommended that he looks for a garage to rent in the area, but this would not be the best choice in the long-term since it will be a month-to-month expense. 

Would like to get all of your opinions and suggestions on products and different covers to use and maybe even another storage method that we have not thought about. 

Edited by Troy

Is there anyone in the area where he has to leave the bike who might have space in a garage he could use for a modest rent?

I've sometimes had folk need space and let them have a corner of my garage. Maybe a local Facebook group may find someone.

Otherwise I'd think he's looking at a good quality cover that is breathable rather than a tarpaulin.